cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Very Poor Audio streaming quality on new NowTV player

I recently started a free trial of the entertainment pass to start watching Game of Thrones. Everything was working fine on the Silverlight player (although it's pretty annoying having to use that) but today the site forced me to download a third party NowTV player app to watch content.

I have installed the app but now the stream quality for the audio is extremely low. The video is fine, but the audio is clearly stuck at the absolute lowest possible streaming quality. I have very stable high speed internet and a capable PC; I have used services like netflix and amazon video many times and had no problems streaming at the max settings, even with 4K content.

Given that there are absolutely no options or diagnostics of any kind in the NowTV player app there is nothing I can do but post here. Very dissapointing performance - I can only assume this is a bug in the software or the streaming service. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling and deleting all nowtv related cookies from my browser but neither of these things have helped.

39 REPLIES 39
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

I can't help with the audio problems you are encountering with the Windows 10 app sorry, but a few members on here have found that watching NowTV using Windows Internet Explorer 11 and Silverlight is more stable.

Just a suggestion if you can't resolve the audio glitches in the short term before the new season of Game of Thrones starts.

Anyway here's the guide for IE11 with Silverlight if you are interested.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/google-chrome-silverlight-compatibility 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

THANK YOU SCHNAPPS! Using IE11 and silverlight has fixed it! Owe you one! 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same the echo is awful on windows 10 help!!!!

@Anonymous User wrote:

Is anyone else having trouble with the audio on the nowtv player app from windows? I have tried deleting and reinstalling the app but no luck. The audio sounds similar to a stutter or an echo. Hoping to watch Game of Thrones but can hardly stand 2 minutes of this let alone a full episode. 

The sound jumps a lot and is especially noticable on speech. 

Tony-D
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

@Anonymous User wrote:

Same the echo is awful on windows 10 help!!!!

@Anonymous User wrote:

Is anyone else having trouble with the audio on the nowtv player app from windows? I have tried deleting and reinstalling the app but no luck. The audio sounds similar to a stutter or an echo. Hoping to watch Game of Thrones but can hardly stand 2 minutes of this let alone a full episode. 

The sound jumps a lot and is especially noticable on speech. 

@Anonymous User Have you tried using the NOW TV App found in the Windows Store at all?

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Am trying to open it but it tell me to sign in at nowtv.com/windows but can not get it to work
Tony-D
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

@Anonymous User wrote:
Am trying to open it but it tell me to sign in at nowtv.com/windows but can not get it to work

It may be a device registration issues. 2 mins, i'll try something to sort it.

Tony-D
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

@Tony-D wrote:

@Anonymous User wrote:

It may be a device registration issues. 2 mins, i'll try something to sort it.

@Anonymous User Is the account your using to post into this forum your main/used account?

Anonymous User
Not applicable
All sorted cheers
Tony-D
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

@Anonymous User wrote:
All sorted cheers

Happy days @Anonymous User

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Any update on improving picture & sound quality @Tony-D?