cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

VPN usage

Hi,

I am using VPN on my PC but as long as I use it I got problems with my internet connection.

My router keeps disconnecting.

Does NOW TV ban all VPN usage ?

• PC
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Any that it can detect, yes.

VPNs can be used to overcome geographical restrictions, and that is a NowTV no-no.

Anyone using a VPN for other reasons gets caught in the backwash as a result.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Any that it can detect, yes.

VPNs can be used to overcome geographical restrictions, and that is a NowTV no-no.

Anyone using a VPN for other reasons gets caught in the backwash as a result.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I was told a VPN was good for additional security for online purchasing and banking so I thought I would check a couple of providers. I was frustrated when I could not access the sites and spend 2 hours looking for a fault. I think it would be helpful if you could inform your service users when they are refused access that it is now TV that is doing the blocking.

I do appreciate the straight answer I eventually found on the community forum. 

RoyB
Legend

Hi @Anonymous User 

We are all just customers here, like you, on this Community.

If you want to make your comment above where Now are most likely to see it, try posting it on their Twitter feed.

ukbobboy
Legend

Or @Anonymous User 

You could send 'em an email:

Now TV Customer Services Email.jpg

UK Bob

RoyB
Legend

@ukbobboy @Anonymous User 

He could. But people can’t ‘Me Too’ an email 😛

ukbobboy
Legend

@RoyB 

Hey Roy

You're probably right, Me Too-ing is too hard.

Laughing Group of Emojis.jpg

UK Bob

RoyB
Legend

@ukbobboy 

Indeed so. But can you see the special difficulty an email presents for this? 📧

ukbobboy
Legend

@RoyB 

Well Roy

Yes I can, but unless @Anonymous User  tries then how is he going to find out?

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

hi there and thank you for confirming that nowtv do INDEED block vpn's, just been sat here for two days straight trying to figure out why my pc would not play anything in the player, the website would load, i could log in and see everything im subscribed to watch but when selecting i just got a black screen in the player then a message ooopps you appear to be offline, erm no i aint.  Then spent half hour in screen chat with a NOWTV rep who wanted to take remote control of my brand new 3 day old PC, hahahahahahahaha yeah right that aint happening. so i came on here read your comment and as soon as i turned off my VPN app on my PC oh look it working. suppose thats my latest idea of buying a router with VPN pre installed out the bloody window then hahaha because if i do that i presume im gonna lose access to now tv on my roku box and my tv as well.  NOWTV if you are reading this you may want to take note that some users like myself and others in this forum actually use a VPN to protect ourselves against the internets undesirables whom like to take all your info, give it to their uncle in some far out country and next thing your identity been nicked, you got 6 wives and debt collectors chasing you down from every corner of the planet.  Anyway peeps in this forum, thank you for doing such a wonderful (and may i add FREE) service for people like me. Still sitting here wondering why Barry even gets paid for his job 🙂