cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tif
Advocate

Unable to watch anything

Hello,

Anytime I try to watch something on NowTV I keep getting an error message to say that I am already watching somewhere else and should upgrade (conveniently)

I only have the App on my TV, have not accessed the App anywhere else? Have logged out and logged back in and still.

This is extremely frustrating seeing as I am currently paying for absolutely no reason and NowTV doesn’t offer a way to get in touch with them.

anyone had this happened To them  before ? 

4 REPLIES 4
RoyB
Legend

@Tif 

You say you only have a TV, but then you post in the PC & Mac area with a Mac tag.

So which is it?

Have a look at My Account/Manage Account/View Devices

How many show up? Can you check each one to make sure you are logged out of Now on each?*

Does this fix things?

Cone back if not.

*Strictly, you shouldn't need to be logged out of each device, but given something isn’t right here, this is advisable in these circumstances.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Tif
Advocate

Hi Roy,

Thanks a lot for your response, not sure if you can see, but this is my first time posting on here, I picked which ever option as i didn't see the TV area option?  It was late, so if there's one, I'll post on there, thank you for highlighting.

I only have the app on the TV, I have checked the account, and it just shows the time stamps of when i tried logging on through my TV, i've also logged out and back in a few times. I previously deleted the app off my iPad thinking this might have been the reason (I was never using it).

So yes, a bugger!

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Tif 

What TV? 
The app is available on many TVs.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
RoyB
Legend

@Tif 

That’s OK. The category you wanted was two lines below the one you chose - Set Top Boxes and Smart TVs. I wouldn’t have thought twice about it if you hadn’t also chosen a Mac-specific tag 😛

If there is no device hanging on with a Now session, though, then it may be that the usage count has got stuck at 1, and never went back to zero as it should have done.

So have a chat with the Now staffers on Live Chat, describe your issue and tell them what I think it might be, and see if they can refresh your account, get it going again for you.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-complaint

Don’t worry that you are not complaining (much).

And avoid the tempting ‘Get Help Quickly’ on this screen. This leads to the Nowbot, an AI bot that might well assist you in navigating the Help; but as you need to use Live Chat for this, you have already gone well beyond the Nowbot’s powers, and all it can bring you is frustration.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.