cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Unable to watch Now TV on PC/Windows

Hi there,

I have been attempting to watch Now TV on my PC (Windows). I am always given the something went wrong, try again message which gives a link to the website.

I have followed all suggestions on the help page about it.

I have noticed in the reviews on the Microsoft Store that I am not the only one having this issue. There are reviews stating the exact same thing, the most recent I read was way back in February!

I wonder is this issue actually going to be fixed? Considering my monthly amount went up this year at some point as well I would like to think that I should be able to watch on PC. I watch on my iPhone and PS4 with no problems. I am logging in correctly before anyone asks too as I am using same credentials to log in to this website!

Using the help chat option there is no actual way to chat to someone when your problem is not fixed by a help page, which I thought was a bit silly. So can someone please respond ASAP.

Thanks

Yasmin

3 REPLIES 3
RoyB
Legend

Hi @Anonymous User 

Not everyone gets issues with the Microsoft Store Now TV app - it works fine for me, for instance - but some people certainly do, for no clear reason. 

I would uninstall the app, shut down Windows, wait 2 minutes for the electrons to die, maybe even remove the battery if you can so no cache can possibly survive. Then boot up again, and run the free CCleaner utility, first in file cleanup mode and then in Registry mode, to remove any leftover orphaned entries.

And then reinstall, and see if that fixes things.

Alternatively, you could try the browser mode; fire up your choice of browser, open the NowTV website and sign in, and then try to watch something. This will then invite you to download the NowTV Player (which is not the same as the Store Player), so do that, and see if this slightly different way of doing things gives you NowTV working OK on your laptop.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I already did all that. 

The way I got it working was to find a way to download it directly from the now tv website without going through the Microsoft store. They really need to have that option more easily findable for those having issues. 

RoyB
Legend

Hi @Anonymous User 

@Good you have something working.

On the NowTV app icon, are the corners sharp right angles, or are they rounded off?

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.