cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Unable to run NOW TV Player app

Hi there

I'm struggling to open the NOW TV Player app on my MacBook Air. When attempting to stream, I'm hit with an error message that says:

'NOW TV Player cannot be opened because of a problem. Check with the developer to make sure NOW TV Player works with this version of OS X. You may need to reinstall the application. Be sure to install any available updates for the application and OS X. Click Report to see more detailed information and send a report to Apple.'

I've tried reinstalling the app but the same error message pops up. This is a recent issue - the app has previously worked fine.

Would appreciate any help as I'm currently unable to stream.

Thanks

Jack

5 REPLIES 5
redchiz1
Champion 2

Is your MacOS up to date? The latest version is 12.5.1 Monterey. 

wright
Advocate

yes

RoyB
Legend

@redchiz1 @Anonymous User 

Mine’s on Monterey 12.6.1, just updating to 12.6.2 as we speak, and newer Macs can be on Ventura 13.1, though mine can’t.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
redchiz1
Champion 2

@RoyB Mine was correct at time of posting. 😉

Not sure why other than OP said "yes" some months later.  

RoyB
Legend

@redchiz1 @wright 

Not sure he is, either 😛

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.