cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Unable to install app after download

After downloading the app from the website, I'm unable to install the NowTV app. 

When trying to it shows as a white box. This white box is normally where the Microsoft protection advises me it's not a Microsoft approved installation do I want to install it anyway.

However it just shows as a white box. 

I have also tried running the installer as Administrator. 

I've also tried installing the app from the Windows Store but that app doesn't even let you log in. 

I know the username and password, obviously as I was able to log in here. 

Any advice would be great, as I'm stuck to my phone otherwise. 

Thanks, 

Dan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

So it turns out it was a Windows issue.

I found that some apps just don't show completely when trying to install them after the download. 

To fix my issue I did the following:

1. Press the Start button/Windows Key and type Settings.
  2. Click on Settings, then when the new window shows up, find and select Apps.
  3. Wait for this to load in all the software, it may take a number of minutes to load depending on the number of apps/programs you have. On the drop down at the top of the screen where it says, "Choose where to get apps" click the drop down and select Anywhere. Please ensure that you ONLY use this setting for this one app and you change it back after NowTV is installed. 
  4. Install the NowTV, this should now install no trouble. 

Hope this helps. 

Please make sure to upvote this if it helps you. 

Thanks, Dan

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Anonymous User
Not applicable

So it turns out it was a Windows issue.

I found that some apps just don't show completely when trying to install them after the download. 

To fix my issue I did the following:

1. Press the Start button/Windows Key and type Settings.
  2. Click on Settings, then when the new window shows up, find and select Apps.
  3. Wait for this to load in all the software, it may take a number of minutes to load depending on the number of apps/programs you have. On the drop down at the top of the screen where it says, "Choose where to get apps" click the drop down and select Anywhere. Please ensure that you ONLY use this setting for this one app and you change it back after NowTV is installed. 
  4. Install the NowTV, this should now install no trouble. 

Hope this helps. 

Please make sure to upvote this if it helps you. 

Thanks, Dan