cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Unable To Login Using Microsoft App

Hello All,

90% of the time I use the Microsoft NowTV app as I use a laptop and XBox One to watch NowTV, unfortunately for some inexplicable reason I got kicked out of the app the other day and am unable to login as it comes up with an error message saying 'Sorry Something is not right'

I'd say that's correct as I've already missed 3 games I would have liked to watch, I have pre-paid for a 6-month deal in advance but will need a refund sharpish if this isn't rectified as I can't watch anyway.

I have tried uninstalling/re-installing and all the usual fix;x that I can think of.

Any help from anybody but in particular staff would be greatly appreciated.

Macca

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
RoyB
Legend

Hi @Anonymous User 

On the Community, we fellow customers can offer you lots of advice on using NowTV, but there’s not a lot we can do about Billing queries, refunds for failed Cancellations, and other areas where only NowTV themselves can help.

The Microsoft apps (there are two of them, one standalone and one that works in conjunction with the browser) are particularly problematic, as an awful lot of people are having trouble with them, but I don’t know how to help, as they both work perfectly for me.

Which is not to boast, or say something infuriating or pointless, but to observe that until you can reproduce a problem, you can’t investigate it. And also to observe (since I keep my laptop religiously up to date with Microsoft and other updates) that nothing has yet happened to the software environment to break these apps universally.

I’ve also had a poke around in the hidden folders where the code for each is kept, but nothing that I could suggest for anyone to try comes to mind.

Except to uninstall the code, manually remove the hidden folders and anything else left over, clear out anything left over in the Registry with CCleaner, and reinstall. And we know that usually doesn’t fix it. So somewhere in the thousands of differences, and micro-differences, between my Windows setup, hardware, firmware and software, and yours, there is probably the key to this. But where?

NowTV aren’t supporting the standalone Microsoft Store NowTV app any more, so we aren’t going to get them to look into that. Which is a shame, as I prefer it. But hopefully in the bowels of NowTV towers, someone has managed to reproduce the problem with the browser version, and is working on it.

As regards support, there is actually an enormous wealth of information provided by NowTV if you choose the Help option, and the idea is that you work through that, and if it still doesn’t resolve your query (as it usually won’t where money is involved), then you get the option to contact NowTV directly, either by Live Chat or Email, and even - though for Broadband only - by telephone.

However, this process seems to fail for a lot of people - I’m not sure where or why - but we do get the regular complaint on the Community that people can’t find these ‘Get in Touch’ options. And we also get the situation where people hope that posting on the Community about Billing issues means their post will be read by NowTV employees who will start the remediation process with them. But this is rare, and not something you should rely on.

So for people with technical issues like this, I would normally recommend that if you have not gone through the Help, then you should go back and try it. But I can save you that, as there’s nothing in there about this issue.

So the normal sequence should be:-

First, look in Help (top right) for what you want to know. It’s surprisingly comprehensive. But doesn’t cover this issue.

If still no go, try asking us here, for technical questions. And here you are.

Then, for an Account or Billing issue, or for this unanswered technical question, you should contact Live Chat. This is the official NowTV support channel (we’re just customer volunteers on here, albeit often endorsed by NowTV).

I doubt they will be able to suggest anything you haven’t tried (though you never know), but you will at least have registered the issue there, and the more people that do, the more attention the problem will get.

Get in Touch (all the options, and the best place to start):-

https://help.nowtv.com/gb/get-in-touch/

On a screen with big buttons all around, you may find the link you need is under a tiny green arrow, so be vigilant.

Live Chat and Send Us a Message:-

https://help.nowtv.com/contact-us/managing-my-devices

On Live Chat, when you can get onto it, keep your answers short, sweet and prompt, or it will time out on you.

If the person you are talking to doesn’t seem able to understand your issue, ask to be escalated to the next level of help.

<If you can’t access Live Chat and nothing happens, try a different browser from your usual one (Internet Explorer, Edge, Chrome, Firefox, Safari) on which you haven’t disabled pop ups, third party cookies or indeed any cookies, haven’t set an Ad Blocker, and haven’t set Noscript on, or JavaScript off, as any or all of these things may prevent the Live Chat window appearing. Or try your usual browser in Incognito, sometimes called Private, mode.>

Complaint webform for TV issues:-

https://help.nowtv.com/complaints/tv

Complaint webform for Broadband Issues:-

https://help.nowtv.com/complaints/bb-calls

Good luck!

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Big thanks to NowTV staff for a speedy response, please add unable to watch today's cricket to the list...

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Forgive me if I'm doing this wrong but is this the only available support for NOWTV?  24 hours since I posted my issue without reply from staff.

I sincerely hope I have this wrong and there is a better way of getting some help.

RoyB
Legend

Hi @Anonymous User 

On the Community, we fellow customers can offer you lots of advice on using NowTV, but there’s not a lot we can do about Billing queries, refunds for failed Cancellations, and other areas where only NowTV themselves can help.

The Microsoft apps (there are two of them, one standalone and one that works in conjunction with the browser) are particularly problematic, as an awful lot of people are having trouble with them, but I don’t know how to help, as they both work perfectly for me.

Which is not to boast, or say something infuriating or pointless, but to observe that until you can reproduce a problem, you can’t investigate it. And also to observe (since I keep my laptop religiously up to date with Microsoft and other updates) that nothing has yet happened to the software environment to break these apps universally.

I’ve also had a poke around in the hidden folders where the code for each is kept, but nothing that I could suggest for anyone to try comes to mind.

Except to uninstall the code, manually remove the hidden folders and anything else left over, clear out anything left over in the Registry with CCleaner, and reinstall. And we know that usually doesn’t fix it. So somewhere in the thousands of differences, and micro-differences, between my Windows setup, hardware, firmware and software, and yours, there is probably the key to this. But where?

NowTV aren’t supporting the standalone Microsoft Store NowTV app any more, so we aren’t going to get them to look into that. Which is a shame, as I prefer it. But hopefully in the bowels of NowTV towers, someone has managed to reproduce the problem with the browser version, and is working on it.

As regards support, there is actually an enormous wealth of information provided by NowTV if you choose the Help option, and the idea is that you work through that, and if it still doesn’t resolve your query (as it usually won’t where money is involved), then you get the option to contact NowTV directly, either by Live Chat or Email, and even - though for Broadband only - by telephone.

However, this process seems to fail for a lot of people - I’m not sure where or why - but we do get the regular complaint on the Community that people can’t find these ‘Get in Touch’ options. And we also get the situation where people hope that posting on the Community about Billing issues means their post will be read by NowTV employees who will start the remediation process with them. But this is rare, and not something you should rely on.

So for people with technical issues like this, I would normally recommend that if you have not gone through the Help, then you should go back and try it. But I can save you that, as there’s nothing in there about this issue.

So the normal sequence should be:-

First, look in Help (top right) for what you want to know. It’s surprisingly comprehensive. But doesn’t cover this issue.

If still no go, try asking us here, for technical questions. And here you are.

Then, for an Account or Billing issue, or for this unanswered technical question, you should contact Live Chat. This is the official NowTV support channel (we’re just customer volunteers on here, albeit often endorsed by NowTV).

I doubt they will be able to suggest anything you haven’t tried (though you never know), but you will at least have registered the issue there, and the more people that do, the more attention the problem will get.

Get in Touch (all the options, and the best place to start):-

https://help.nowtv.com/gb/get-in-touch/

On a screen with big buttons all around, you may find the link you need is under a tiny green arrow, so be vigilant.

Live Chat and Send Us a Message:-

https://help.nowtv.com/contact-us/managing-my-devices

On Live Chat, when you can get onto it, keep your answers short, sweet and prompt, or it will time out on you.

If the person you are talking to doesn’t seem able to understand your issue, ask to be escalated to the next level of help.

<If you can’t access Live Chat and nothing happens, try a different browser from your usual one (Internet Explorer, Edge, Chrome, Firefox, Safari) on which you haven’t disabled pop ups, third party cookies or indeed any cookies, haven’t set an Ad Blocker, and haven’t set Noscript on, or JavaScript off, as any or all of these things may prevent the Live Chat window appearing. Or try your usual browser in Incognito, sometimes called Private, mode.>

Complaint webform for TV issues:-

https://help.nowtv.com/complaints/tv

Complaint webform for Broadband Issues:-

https://help.nowtv.com/complaints/bb-calls

Good luck!

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you for your detailed reply, with regards to Billing, I'm extremely happy with that and have no issues, I find it almost impossible to understand however that for a business that is based on watching content Sky have decided to not bother with Apps that work or they support in the Microsoft store but I guess that's their prerogative.

I will continue to watch when I can for the remaining months that I have signed up for as I get to watch occasionally using other methods but won't extend after that time.

In any case, I much appreciate your help on the matter.

Macca

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have the same issue I can't log in through the Microsoft App and there is no help on the help section. and the live chat is not working. I downloaded now tv through google but it's slow and stops working all the time... so where should I get help from?? 

silly37
Advocate

With the latest version of the PC app for windows I keep getting error 20000.(and before you dive on me telling me to do this and that, I've done all that 20 times over, so save your typing skills).

I freely admit my payment failed just after new year, I'd over-spent and not kept track of my finances. So NowTv  suspended the service, bit harsh as I'd subscribed for over two years, but my fault entirely.

However, I rectified my end of the deal, but since then the app won't work, as detailed above.

I managed to reload an old version of the app buried deep in the on-line forums but that buffers every 30-60 seconds and was seriously getting on my tits when I was watching the first t20 v SA.

So an hour ago I tried, call me stupid, to re-install the latest app and E20000 again.

There's no support, I can't even get an on-line conversation with your company, that fails too.

If you can't be bothered to contact me, why should I not contact the Ombudsman for your industry?

Regards

silly37
Advocate

You lot are as mad as a box of frogs, you email me with a badge for joining this ######-show but no help with my problem. You can't make this up, astonishing.