cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Ultrawide support?

I just purchased 6 months of now tv with booster, I have an ultrawide screen and the picture quality is terrible on the PC app. Also, the image is cropped. How do I fix this? 

• PC
3 REPLIES 3
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Cropped how?

You may need to play with the settings on the laptop to get the image size correct.

if still wrong, can you please post a screenshot?

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Cropped as in there were 5 to 10 cm black bars on the sides and the top/bottom of the image. Also the image quality was not HD like it was when I run it through the app on my phone. I found other posts with people that had the exact same issue as me. This seems to be a problem that mainly affects people with Ultrawide screens. Tried fiddling with the settings for hours, but no luck so ended up requesting a refund. And really, it should just work without having the fiddle with the settings. As a software dev myself, I was shocked at how  buggy and clunky the website and app is overall. It's a shame because I want to love it as I find the media content much more interesting than Netflix, but the overall experience of using Now TV vs Netflix is night and day. Thanks for offering your help anyway!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yeah it's weird the quality goes down to 720p.

I want to keep paying for NowTV, but how years behind there video player is just kills it for me.