cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Trying to open TV player by browser shows "Open Fck?" popup

I'm having a problem when I try and launch the now tv app by selecting a movie on the nowTV site, it gives me a very suspicious pop up that reads:

"Open Fck?
[  ] Always open these types of links in the associated app"

I can't seem to embed an image, but the imgur link is here: https://imgur.com/a/k2zmrLy

As I clicked the 'open Fck' first time on impulse and tried again when nothing happened and noticed the odd message, should I be concerned? And how do I fix this?

6 REPLIES 6
Tony-D
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

@Anonymous User wrote:

I'm having a problem when I try and launch the now tv app by selecting a movie on the nowTV site, it gives me a very suspicious pop up that reads:

"Open Fck?
[  ] Always open these types of links in the associated app"

I can't seem to embed an image, but the imgur link is here: https://imgur.com/a/k2zmrLy

As I clicked the 'open Fck' first time on impulse and tried again when nothing happened and noticed the odd message, should I be concerned? And how do I fix this?

It's a very odd message. When i try from my computer here in work it comes up as normal (NOWTV-PLAYER_WINDOWS.EXE) but this is while using Internet Explorer (don't ask). Have you tried to uninstall and reinstall to say if the same message comes up, or tried a different browser? @Anonymous User

Anonymous User
Not applicable

After uninstalling it and reinstalling the NowTV app, this is still a problem on chrome, same exact message. 

Do you need any error logs? 

When I used firefox to reinstall, it opened this dialogue box to choose what program to use as default to open your nowtv links and it gave me this: https://imgur.com/a/nGgV8rj

Now I've thought about this - the account I'm using is named "Fck U DistributedCOM" (this account name was a running joke, I've been having a recurring windows error for the last few months after many pc rebuilds). I'm not sure how or why, but for some reason there is an application named 'Fck' (something to do with my account name?) that thinks it can open your video links.  How do I change the default program to open links in chrome, and how did nowTV suddenly (without me changing it) change it's default launch program to this weird 'Fck' program?

Sorry for the unintentional profanity.

Thanks,

Joe

edit: Now, after a fresh install of the now TV app and setting the links to open with the nowTV player, it does not open the film. Just has the windows loading icon on the cursor for 2-3 seconds and does nothing. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I took a video of the behavior. This is with the nowTV app as default for opening your links on firefox. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi,

I have the same problem.  I tried with all browsers (Chrome, Firefox, Edge). Were you able to resolve this? Did you get any support from NowTV?

Thanks,

Badri

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'll start off by saying, now tv is generally a pile of w*nk. Honestly rarely have I used a worse put together group of apps.

I did manage to sort this issue though by deleting a file with my username which I found in "C:\Users" it wasn't important for anything and chrome opened nowtv afterwards.

Male sure you're deleting the tiny FILE with your username not the user folder. You'll lose all your windows user data I you do that.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you so much! This actually works.