They hold their customers in complete contempt. I shall be writing to the Ombudsman and pursuing my complaint all the way. Now TV is unable to provide the service for which it is marketing and charging!!!
I'm on an old version of the mac OS 10.8.5, the Now TV silverlight plug has been working well for a couple of years. Now they have gone to the app of course this version of the OS is no longer supported, so I can no longer watch Now TV on the Mac. It is extremely arrogant of these media conpanies to assume that you will upgrade your PC just because of their application. I am a software engineer. There is a concept called backwards compatibility , perhaps the words are too long for them to understand; not sure anyway.. How about maintaining support for the the old browser app, it worked.
They are not the only culprits, can I use that word, yes less then 9 , its ok. Amazon have done the same...
Time to move on I suppose..
Disgruntled of Somerset
I followed Karl's instructions, deleting old players and going on private, but still keep recieving the notficiation 'Could not complete installation' after the installer has downloaded the app. Anyone else experiencing this problem/have a fix?! Dont want to be watching all my sport on my phone!
give this a go !
1. remove all versions of now tv from mac.
2. restart mac
3. navigate to https://help.nowtv.com/article/watching-now-tv-on-a-mac and download the player.
4. navigate to the location of the download. right click the now tv install and select show package contents.
5. navigate contents - macOs.
6. run Install NowTv . a terminal window should open. DO NOT WORRY IT WILL STILL FAIL THE INSTALL !!!
7. in the terminal window you need to look for this towards the very end. The exact location will most likely be different.
“installer: Error the package path specified was invalid: '/var/folders/0_/dxkn_c1152v964nglm555_5c0000gn/T/tmp-NOWTVPlayer-Mac.dmg’.”
8. Now open a finder window and navigate to your macintosh hd. (go/computer/macintosh hd)
9. Input cmd+shift+ .
10. you should now see all hidden files.
11. Navigate to the location given in the error in your terminal window and find and run the “tmp-Nowtvplayer-mac.dmg”
12. follow install instructions.
13. navigate to nowtv.com, login, start watching !!
14. to hide the hidden files in macintosh hd input. cmd + shift + .
Happy Watching !!
Wow, I've been talking to their customer service for 3 hours and now they're directing me to this fix. I'm not a proficient Mac user though, and I don't understand how to do point 8 and point 11 if you could give me a bit more of a dummies guide? 🙂