cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

Trouble updating to the latest version of the Mac Player

If you're having problems when trying to update to the new version of the Mac Player, we are currently investigating this and expect to have a fix shortly.

In the meantime to get around this please follow the steps below:

Note: Before doing this, make sure the NOW TV Player app is closed.

1. Open Finder on your Mac.
  2. Click your username on the left hand side bar or in the top menu bar click Go and select your Home folder (see image below).
  3. Go into your Applications
  4. Move the NOW TV Player to your trash.
  5. Next open your browser in either a private or incognito window... or clear your cookies.
  6. Try to watch something and you should be taken through the install journey like you were the first time.
  7. In theory, this should allow you to perform a fresh install of the latest player

Comms Mac Player.png

16 REPLIES 16
Anonymous User
Not applicable

The team have resolved the issue with the update and you should now be able to continue watching the shows you love Heart

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've been through the process of re-installing the NowTV Player on the Mac, but the player remains black yet the audio plays successfully.

It's working okay from my Android phone with the NowTV app, but no ideal.

Safari Version 10.0.3 (12602.4.8)

NowTV Player Version 1.2.0 (1.2.0)

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hey there! Please check out my post here regarding this issue: https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Mac-OS/Mac-black-screen/m-p/418310#M2096

Your help will be very much appreciated.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

it's been more than 2 months I haven't been able to watch NowTv on my Mac.

Version 2.0.1 is BUSTED!!!

This is last month I'm giving you the chance to post a proper update, after that I'm going to say SO LONG.

Also, I noticed one of my post have been removed from the forum... way to go!

Let's see.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have the same problem. Have tried all the fixes that have been posted and none has worked. Starting to think NowTV is a SKY rip-off

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have just updated my Mac to a MacBook Pro and on installing the NowTV player (and re-installing it) all I get is the spinning bubbles.  NowTV is working fine on my iPhone, TV and NowTV Box.  I am running MacOS 10.12.5 with all updates.  I also have Silverlight 5.1.41212.0 installed and activated for all web sites.

Mike

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am encountering the exact same issue as MikePGPSW and tried the exact same steps. The only difference is that I have a MacBook (Retina, 12-inch, 2017). 

Has Now TV come up with a real fix after all these months?

This is ridiculous.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

possibly the worst player on the net obviously your tech people are pretty poor when it would appear to be a simple fix .and all your info is utter rubbish reboot try this try that and it still wont work do you lot never read the reviews 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

... and after all this time, after giving more than a try, it's time to sign out and CANCEL!

Thank you (NOT) for making me watch films just on an iPad.

I mean, once in a while it's even nice watching a film on the iPad, but it becomes awful when it's not a choice anymore.

Besides, the devices management is rubbish too!!!