cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

There is an issue with playing out this content

Hi,

I have an active now-tv pass which works on phone/ipad. But i cannot get it to work on windows 10 (ive tried 2 different laptops). i have downloaded the app, and when i select a program to watch, i get the same error message

'There is an issue with playing out this content', a link to a useless, unrelated help article and 

'Error code: OVP_00005'

any ideas?

7 REPLIES 7
RoyB
Legend

Hi @Anonymous User 

On Windows 10, go to the Microsoft Store (type this in the white box bottom left on your desktop), open it and look for Now TV (two words).

Download the app you find there, and see if that works better than the browser-based one,

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I don't see the app. There is no NOW TV or nowtv app on the windows 10 store - except for an xbox version. It it not available in Ireland perhaps?

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

That’s entirely possible, though it’s something I didn’t know.

You are going the route I said, invoking the Microsoft Store app from within Windows initially, and then searching that for NOW TV?

I can’t see an Xbox version on my Microsoft Store, as found on Windows 10 directly, without going through a browser, though.

But going to the Store via Firefox, I can see it, and I can also see the NOW TV app.

However, going here, which is where I would expect you to default to on a browser, while I default to the UK store, I can still see the Now TV app, though it does not come up until I have typed at least NOW<space>T

And leaving the space is important, as NOWTV all together brings up nothing.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

There still does not appear to be a solution to this. There is no NOWTV, or NOW TV, or now tv etc in the windows 10 store. There is only a reference to a windows-8 version of the app - but this is not on the windows store either, it is referenced on the nowtv.ie site.

Strange.

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

It is somewhat difficult for me to pretend to be in Eire, though I have done my best above.

The UK page also references Windows 8.

But nowhere do either reference the dedicated Microsoft Store app, describing only the browser/Player combination.

I can well imagine that an Eire version of Windows will take you to a different version of the Microsoft Store, but it would require more trickery than I would expect to have this different from what I see when I type the URL directly.

I don’t seem to be able to search the Store from this iPad, but using the generic Microsoft search on that Ireland page, and looking for NOW TV, I get this link:-

https://www.microsoft.com/en-ie/p/now-tv/9pgfcgn1zgzb?activetab=pivot:overviewtab

to this page:-

6E26CE48-ACAB-4120-AEC5-94E7BE7752C8.png

========

Where expanding the ‘More’ gives me the following which clearly references the ROI :-

806DBC70-FDBA-407F-ABAA-6CD7764A3A02.png

So can you try again, exploiting the above clues, and see if you can now find the App, as there does indeed seem to be an IE version?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for the support with this - and of course i appreciate you can't access the Irish site from a UK location. The NOW TV app you have seen above is only for XBOX only, there is not a windows/pc version (for me at least)?

clipboard_image_0.png

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

So it is - apologies.

On the GB site, the exact same entry (or so it seems) lists Windows 8.1 alongside the Xbox.

I imagine that when you download, it sniffs your environment, and chooses the appropriate one.

You could try downloading it from the en-gb version of the site, if it will let you. It knows I am in the UK when I go to the en-ie site, but still lets me proceed.

At a guess, Microsoft will let you download the GB version, but Now TV will decline to play ball if you try to use it.

Worth a go, though - I doubt you will break anything.