cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

The NOW player which no one likes but still gets forced onto you isn't working on my Mac?

For some reason the player will not work on my Mac. It says I am running capture software which I am not. This is a pointless integration into the player anyway as the software isn't visible to screen capturing anyway. I tried print screening to show you the error and my open applications and the software doesn't show up in the screen cap. If I wanted to screen record NOW TV I would use a capture card and so can anyone else as capture cards literally cost next to nothing these days. You can get HD 1080p 60FPS capture cards on eBay for like $30.

Quit forcing this trash player which not 1 person who subscribes to Now TV actually thinks is a good idea and its also plastered all over the forums about how people unsubscribe from the service because of the unlimited problems this player causes. Stop putting bandaids on it and put the useless bloatware in the trash and develop a browser player like every other service that's updated to the nearest decade. After that you mite actually here people mention this service in a conversation for once. 

After you done that send me an update email and I just mite actually consider subscribing. 

12 REPLIES 12
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

If your wanting better viewing experience and for sports where 50fps is only available on a range of devices then I would suggest using or buying an Amazon fire stick. 

Currently Xbox is not supported for 50fps which will make the 1080p look rubbish because it’s running at 25fps.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@gavs82008 I don't like sport I'm just saying from a wider perspective the main subscribers of NOW TV are people that get a cheap with BT and people that watch sport. There is very few other customers that subscribe to the service.

I only really watch streaming services when I am not at home and use my laptop for them. The only time I watch them at home is 1 film in the evening on the odd occasion and that's about it. 

I should not have to goto the trouble in spending money on various products in order to a streaming service to work. All other services you subscribe and it works or more or less anything with an internet connection. 

If NOW TV actually listened to their customers and what they wanted then it would be a somewhat ok service and they mite actually be a real competitor to the other services but until then it won't be. They don't care for their customers because they make their money from Sky TV and NOW TV is just a quick extra bit of cash. But Sky TV isn't the future and streaming services are so let's see how well Sky is doing in 20 years. Its also no secret that Sky over the last 5 years has been on a rapid decline with share prices dropping a substantial amount and the CEOs at Sky have been trying their best to keep the customers they have left whilst trying to appeal to more people aswell.

Within 20 years Sky would have sold to BT is my guess. They mite aswell sell out now while the company is still worth something.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Sky is owned by Comcast and they only bought Sky a few years ago. Highly doubt they will be sold to BT at any point. 

Since Comcast taking over they have pushed more improvements to NOW than the previous owners ever did. 

As far as your concerned then yes NOW should work perfectly on your Xbox. Especially like me who isn’t one for watching sports. 

From March they dropped TV from the name, so no longer called Now TV, they are simply called NOW.

With BT if you take NOW directly through them then you are paying higher rates than NOW itself. For the last year I’ve been paying £9 a month for entertainment, cinema and boost. Which you most certainly wouldn’t get with BT. 

Also I’ve never had many issues with NOW and I have used it across multiple devices. Albeit never on a laptop nor Xbox. It works perfectly fine on my Sony Bravia TV and when I do use it on my iPad and Amazon fire stick which I use for travelling. 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help