cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

TV Guide

Hi, I have had the entertainment pass for a week and still can't find an actual tv guide that tells me what programmes are on and when. Using NowTV via laptop as I hadn't realised the stick that goes into the tv was something completely different - getting really frustrated. I have searched the forums and can't find a link or anything that is easy and can take me to a tv guide so I can choose what I want to watch. There is talk of an app that helps decide what tv to watch - directs me to a sales page. I don't need to be sold to, I already have now tv, I just want a simple tv guide I can refer to so I know what to watch and when.  Any help appreciated. Thank-you

• PC
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

I don't believe NowTV offer a full 7 day EPG guide for any of their channels on their service where they only provide a Now & Next live channel TV Guide from all the devices i use.

Don't tend to watch much live entertainment stuff myself and mainly watch boxsets or catch up entertainment TV shows on NowTV, but when i am looking ahead to see what's on the live channels during the week i tend to use the online 7 day TV Guide planner on the Sky website.

Not familiar of any App that you can use that integrates a TV guide that can be linked to your NowTV devices.

View solution in original post

18 REPLIES 18
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

I don't believe NowTV offer a full 7 day EPG guide for any of their channels on their service where they only provide a Now & Next live channel TV Guide from all the devices i use.

Don't tend to watch much live entertainment stuff myself and mainly watch boxsets or catch up entertainment TV shows on NowTV, but when i am looking ahead to see what's on the live channels during the week i tend to use the online 7 day TV Guide planner on the Sky website.

Not familiar of any App that you can use that integrates a TV guide that can be linked to your NowTV devices.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you! That would explain my frustration 🙂 I'll try using the Sky TV guide.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi

Having just signed up for this service via Talk Talk and elderly and not very techno.. i was also trying to find a guide.. i will try Sky Guide as well.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

If you have signed up to NowTV and using your TalkTalk youview box, you will not be able to access live Sky channels through the Main TV Guide.

To watch NowTV you need to click on the Apps section on your Talk Talk box and watch NowTV from there.

If no luck watching NowTV via their App on the box, go into the NowTV App home page on the TalkTalk box, scroll down to the bottom of the television screen and click on the My Account tile box to log into your NowTV account.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Forgot to mention when you are logged into the NowTV App on your Talk Talk Youview box, where you need to watch all NowTV content via the NowTV App.

There is a TV Guide inside the App, but it's limited to Now & Next and is not a proper 7 day live TV Guide like the main TV Guide on the Youview box.

Unless it's Sports,most people tend to use the on Demand and Catch up NowTV service, but you can watch live NowTV channels via the App TV Guide if you wish.

Also you won't be able to record any live NowTV channels from the NowTV App TV Guide (use the on Demand / Catchup section instead which covers most NowTV content previously aired).

Anonymous User
Not applicable

To be honest i think at this moment in time i will cancel Now TV,, why? because we are oldies and like to watch through the talk talk box. I did see that on the Now tv app you cannot record a programme. Why Talk Talk altered things is beyond me.

Thank you

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Once you get used to the NowTV App on the TalkTalk box it's pretty straightforward even for non technical persons.

Apart from Sport the majority of the NowTV content can be watched on Demand or Catchup via the NowTV App.

You would have to take it up with TalkTalk why they decided to jump over to the NowTV service rather than keep their TV bolt on packages via the main TV Guide.

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

I tried @schnapps recommendation of the Sky guide, but there is loads of stuff shown on there you can’t get on NowTV, which rather clutters up what you are looking at.

I would suggest that you download, to phone or tablet, the BT TV app.

Indeed, maybe you already have this, as it is the only way to set remote recordings on the Freeview channels now the TalkTalk app is discontinued.

Even though it’s a BT app, BT have kindly made some of its functionality available to YouView Retail and TalkTalk users otherwise left high and dry without a remote recording app.

And also, you can load this app, choose Live at the bottom, then choose Full TV Listings, and then scroll down to 335-525, where all the NowTV channels, interspersed with only a few BT channels, can be found together.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @RoyB 

Reading @Anonymous User posts her hubby wants to watch and also record live Sky Sports via a NowTV Sports Pass directly from the main Talk Talk TV Guide.

No App from my understanding will allow this (unless you are a BT TV customer possibly ?).