cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

(T6036) - Graphics card driver issues

I am not able to watch any content on my surface pro windows 10 tablet. I usually log in through IE and not Edge and it works fine.

I have tried uninstalling and re-installing Silverlite and keep getting this same error message.  (T6036) - Graphics card driver issues.

This is clearly not a graphics card issue as I have the latest driver and my machine is almost brand new. Any thoughts please?

111 REPLIES 111
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@SeeMoreDigital wrote:

@Anonymous User wrote:

I just joined Now TV and I'm unable to play any video using the Now TV app in Windows 10. I believe it uses the Microsoft Silverlight software...

Actually no @Anonymous User. The NOW TV 'app' does not require Silverlight...

Cheers

I assumed it did, @SeeMoreDigital as the web browser does. See attached.

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

I really have no idea how you're recieving that message when viewing NOW TV content via the dedicated Windows 'app'.

One of the reasons for using the Windows app is that it's not reliant on Silverlight!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I get that error in the browser (firefox). So I installed Silverlight again and it tells me there's a problem with my graphics card. There's a link under the phrase "graphics card" so I click that and it takes me to a HTTP 404 Not Found page. Nice work NowTV.

The app still just refuses to play any video. I've given up on that.

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

Shame. As the 'app' is the recommended way to access and view the NOW TV service on Windows PC...

commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

I get that error in the browser (firefox). So I installed Silverlight again and it tells me there's a problem with my graphics card. There's a link under the phrase "graphics card" so I click that and it takes me to a HTTP 404 Not Found page. Nice work NowTV.

Hi @Anonymous User

Just to check. Is it a desktop PC or laptop you're using?  If you're using a desktop PC and you're trying to use the Windows app you cannot use VGA as your display interface. As VGA does not support HDCP you need to be using DVI, HDMI or display port (includes mini display port) . The app requires HDCP compliance to play content. Content can only be output to one screen at a time. So if you have a multi-monitor setup you will need to take that into consideration. 

You can use the Windows app with any laptop that is quoted as having HD display.

If I remember correctly. Silverlight isn't too fond of multi-monitor setups either.

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi,

I have been happily watching nowtv on my laptop (Windows 10) for the past 4 weeks. However, today I got the following message: "(T6036) - Sorry, you'll need to fix an issue with your graphic card driver before you can watch NOW TV".

I have not made any changes to my laptop and cannot understand why my graphics card was ok but is no longer so.

(ps: I'm using Firefox)

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Is windows media player still working correcty...

This issue is normaly caused by broken/data damaged or missing components in WMP... or media pack files...

Whats the reason for running the web browser still instead of the HTML5ish windows 8/10 app...

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi,

I'm new to this and a friend told me to use firefox. My windows media player is still working.

I think it maybe the Dell inspiron laptop: it was bought for me by my dad for my Masters degree. Since we've had it, it has had a number of issues (including having a brand new replacement). 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Open windows 10 store and try the nowtv app instead of trying to fix silverlight issues...

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User as you have Windows 10 I'd suggest the dedicated app from the Microsoft Store. No need to worry about Silverlight then.