cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PickleRick
Mentor

Subtitles don't work properly.

Subtitles will run intermittenty. Assume the dialogue is nothing but counting the numbers, one at a time, the subtitles will go

One

Two

Three (stays on screen for long wait)

Twenty

Twenty-one (long wait)

Forty-nine

Fifty (long wait)

Ninety-seven

If you miss a particular line, "what was that? Blerty-neven?" it is sometimes possible to reverse 10 seconds and get the subtitles to start from there, sometimes not; however playing it constantly without stopping always results in inconsistent subtitles.

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Subtitles have never worked for me on NowTV on Windows. No idea why. They are absolutely totally utterly useless. I get about three in the correct timing, then they freeze and all come in a few seconds when the credits are rolling at the end. Terrible!

PickleRick
Mentor

It's now the end of March, 3 months after I made the original post. The problem has not been fixed. I tried NOW TV again on a come back for £1 offer and I'd say I didn't get my money's worth, as the subtitles remain impossible to use. I'm happy to pay full price for Amazon Prime and Netflix as they have their subtitles right. Neither of them have "Ray Donovan" which is what made me take the deal this time, but it's unwatchable without subtitles.

The subtitles just freeze all the time. I found a post complaining about it in September, it's 5 months later and NOW TV have done nothing!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm also on the £1 offer and obviously won't be sticking around after as the subtitle problem persists for me also.

It only started when they got rid of the webplayer and forced you to use the app.

Apparently "the relevant team are already looking into this subtitles issue" but that was 3 months ago and now my support ticket has been closed. So don't hold your breathe.

Terrible service.