cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jim93
Scholar

Stuttering sound on Windows 10 app.

Sport and entertainment channel sound keeps intermittently dropping out every few seconds on Windows app on my desktop PC. Picture is fine. I notice that when running the app my CPU performance keeps maxing out to 100%. Is there a minimum CPU requirement for the Now TV app? iPlayer and Netflix work fine.

This is not a problem on my laptop PC, iPhone or Apple TV, it's just my desktop Windows 10 PC.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
RoyB
Legend

If you are using the browser/player combination, switch to the Now TV App you will find in the Microsoft Store on your desktop PC, and try that.

And if you like it and you aren’t already using it on your laptop, you might want to switch to it there also.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
RoyB
Legend

If you are using the browser/player combination, switch to the Now TV App you will find in the Microsoft Store on your desktop PC, and try that.

And if you like it and you aren’t already using it on your laptop, you might want to switch to it there also.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Jim93
Scholar

Thanks, the alternative app you recommend works without problems. I wish I'd known about it before!

Jim

Blaize
Advocate

Unfortunately, the Now TV Windows App is no longer working and they direct you to download the NowTV player to use with the web site (complete with sound dropouts - despite being on a 100mbps connection)

Jim93
Scholar

They are hilariously incompetent! Looking forward to test cricket on another platform...ANY other platform!

Jim93
Scholar

I just resubscribed to Sports. I have watched about 10 hours of cricket over three sessions on the Windows 10 App and I can report that so far, for me, the sound stuttering has gone!