cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Sound quality (low bitrate)

Is it possible for you to up the bitrate a hair? Right now, it sounds like it's way below 48 kbps (I assume it's mp4?).
Speech gets rather muted/dull at the current low bit rate and sometimes hard to understand. I'm obviously not begging for bluray sound quality, just 10-20 kbps more than what you're doing at the moment?

6 REPLIES 6
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Are you accessing the NOW TV service via an internet 'browser' or via the dedicated NOW TV app @Anonymous User?

Sufficed to say, the dedicated app offers better video and audio quality.

That being said, because the NOW TV service currently offers 2 channel 'stereo' audio only, the audio format is most probably HE-AAC version 2. Which utilizes 'parametric' encoded audio and requires a proper decoder filter to decode it. Otherwise it will sound a flat, gurgly and will be output in 'mono' only!

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am using the application. I don't think it's even possible to watch Now TV any other way so I really don't understand the point you're making.
Again, regarding your re-peat of my point that it's mp4, it's completely irrelevant. The decoder is the one used by Now TV's application.

There are zero customization options in the player as you might know. Hence my request to add a higher bitrate option to cure us from the low-quality sound on TV shows.

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

I did not mention mp4, you did @Anonymous User

By-the-way, if you refer to the ISO/IEC 14496 specification you'll discover that 'Part-14' of the specification actually refers to the .mp4' container.

If you're interested, the .mp4 container supports various audio formats, many of which are stated within 'Part-03' of the specification!

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Can you please stop responding with nonsense replies to questions on here?!

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

If you understood more about the interactivity between 'standards' and 'formats' what I'm telling you would not be nonsense @Anonymous User

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've asked the moderators to shut you up with the following reason:

"This person is extremely annoying. Replying with useless nonsense, over and over, when we're asking for feature updates or improvements."