cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Sound and picture not synched

Using Now TV player on my PC an d the sound does not match the picture - there is always a slight delay on the sound.  Any suggestions as to how I can solve this as it makes watching Now TV a horrible experience

11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have the same problem when using NowTV Player. Have contacted them via Twitter to which their only response was "Have you tried a reboot?"!! Oddly, this issue only seems to present itself when watching 'live' TV, as when pre-recorded items are shown (such as adverts), the sync seems fine.

Alas, It seems NowTV are really not interested in addressing this problem, and simply make the assumption that it's the end user that is to blame, and not their player.

It should also be noted that if I play through Internet Explorer (with Silverlight), everything is perfect. However, I don't care for IE or, indeed, Silverlight which, in any event, is due to be discontinued in the future. As far as I can see the only real answer is for NowTV to completely review their player and update accordingly - but will not hold my breath! In the meantime, my purchasing of passes is reducing at a rate of knots!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi

I have the same issue with the player. Starts off OK then slowly goes out of synch, but not always. Haven't used live TV, but happens with box sets or movies. I find that if I pause the player and then hit play again it resynchs itself and then slowly drifts again. At least that gets rid of the problem for a little while.

I'm using version 1.19.0.2 on a windows 10 laptop.

Come on Now TV. It seems people have been complaining about this on this forum for over a year and no credible response from you so far!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Seriously, it's 2022 now and this was first reported before 2017, this is totally spoiling my viewing, thankfully I'm on my trial month, don't think I'll be paying for this service if it keeps happening

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Sound is well in advance of picture today. Makes for an awkward watch.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Again, whilst watching the F1 live practice today, audio/video sync was out on NowTV player making the experience dreadful! !!!!

In order to resolve the problem I had to resort to using Microsoft Internet Explorer, along side MS Silverlight, to gain sync. Both of these options are totally unacceptable! Beside the fact that they will soon become redundant, Silverlight has been identified as being a security risk!

NOWTV...... you SERIOUSLY HAVE to acknowledge that you have an issue with your player, and resolve it, if you want to maintain continued subscriptions!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Dreadfull customer experience, with no acknowlegement from NowTV!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I had this for months and just didn't bother watching. Last night I decided to try to resolve or cancel. Past attempts at contacting / email Support not good, so browsed the forum - turns out lots of people have had this problem (lag / not synching between sound and picture on the player) and been frustrated with lack of response from NTV. I used to watch in Explorer, but this doesn't seem an option since they introduced the Now TV Player...also found a warning that Explorer isn't great security-wise, esp with Silverlight. 

Anyway, did the instant chat and all resolved, so thought I would share: Turns out I had to uninstall (found in SETTINGS - APPS) all versions of the Now TV Player AND any / all of something that apparently came with it called Videoguard. I was then directed to a microsoft link to download the app. I followed the on-screen instructions and et voila! - all works perfectly. The link is https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/p/now-tv/9wzdncrdm157 Hope this helps anyone else with this problem... 🙂 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Two years since first post in this thread and it is still a problem. using Now TV stick on Panasonic TV and sound is out of synch by two seconds watching programmes. Not using live TV at this point though it did happen when watching F1 last year which is why I cancelled my sports subscription.

If NowTV can't even bother to respond then its time to cancel my Entertainment and Movie subs  too and go to Netflix.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am currently experiencing the same and it's been like this since I purchased the nowtv stick 🙄 I'm so fed up and have no idea how to correct it, but I simply refuse to watch it