cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Something went wrong error code p20001

Have been using the app for about a week and a half on this mac and other devices fine with no problems,

went to continue watching after i got in and got this error code so i uninstalled and reinstalled twice following the help article. reset my mac also still no help.

have tried the account on my phone works fine also 

41 REPLIES 41
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm having the same problem. Last week it was a different error and now this week its P20001. I have a Macbook Pro, tried uninstalling and reinstalling etc...?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same issue here. I assume this is a current problem at the NowTV end, as I have previously been able to get the NowTV player to work on my MacBook.

Also, as I already have four devices registered on my NowTV account, and because I recently switched one of them from the browser to the NowTV Player app on my Mac (because that became mandatory for watching via Safari), and because NowTV only allow you to make one change of device per calendar month, I am unable to try using Firefox instead. Thanks NowTV for another excellent implementation.

Please advise when you will be crediting me with additional free months for beta-testing your software for you. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yup, me too.  Gutted as I can't sleep.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I also encountered this problem, went through the re-install motions to no avail. 

so I decided to watch something on sky box sets instead, to find I cant watch anything on there either!

I reinstalled silverlight and made sure all permissions were correct but still no joy.

Is it a coincidence that both of these viewing platforms have stopped functioning after I installed the latest mac OS update??

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

Still seems to be an issue this morning. I'll tag @Jason-C from the NOW TV Team and hopefully it will get it passed onto someone in the right department. 

In the meantime, if anyone has Silverlight installed on their Mac, then watching in Firefox browser is working for me at the mo, but that would take up an extra slot on your device list, so if anyone already has all 4 slots filled up that's not an option.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same problem as everyone else is describing.

The NowTV app just doesnt work - it comes up with the infernal "oops, something went wrong" if you click directly into the App which is conveniently (not) located in the launcher, but not in the Applications area - was this ever actually tested on a Mac? I'm guessing not because its a terrible implementation.

If I try to get it to play in the browser (Chrome and Safari) it demands I use the App which of course doesnt work.

Should I cancel my subscription now? 

NowTV have made a dogs breakfast of this.

Where is the fix?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Mine has been showing error code 20001 for 3 days out of the blue! have spoke to many differant people on live chat who tell me to....uninstall re install close open install firefox!!!! all of which i done and nothing is working. This really is a joke, we are paying for a service that we can not use  and the answer from online help is watch from a differant device! 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

Mine has been showing error code 20001 for 3 days out of the blue! have spoke to many differant people on live chat who tell me to....uninstall re install close open install firefox!!!! all of which i done and nothing is working. This really is a joke, we are paying for a service that we can not use  and the answer from online help is watch from a differant device! 

@Anonymous User @Anonymous User @Anonymous User @Anonymous User We are currently looking into this and will have an update ASAP, Thanks for your patience.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I got this message and the help centre said to uninstall the app and then reinstall it but it doesn't seem to be in the App store when I search for it on my Mac. Anyone know how to fix this?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Watched Derby game last night with minimum fuss. This afternoon getting error code 20001. Have reinstalled as per Now tv FAQs, still getting the same error. Disappointed that I've paid for a day pass and cant see the tottenham game 😞

@Anonymous User wrote:

Have been using the app for about a week and a half on this mac and other devices fine with no problems,

went to continue watching after i got in and got this error code so i uninstalled and reinstalled twice following the help article. reset my mac also still no help.

have tried the account on my phone works fine also