cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Silverlight

I am not very computer literate but I have followed all the instructions to install/uninstall Silverlight and recently I simply cannot watch anything on NOW TV because it says I need to install Microsoft Silverlight which I have done on multiple occassions.

Please help – PS I have a macbook.

51 REPLIES 51
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

welcome to the forum.

Not sure if it is related your issue but I know the NOW TV team have reported some issues watching in Safari at the moment, and they are recommending using Firefox to watch NOW TV content. If you haven't already you might want to try that.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have subscribed and continue to get the same message telling me to install silverlight on my mac. i already have it installed. i have tried uninstalling but to no avail.

Will I get my money back as i have missed what i subscribed to watch

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Thanks for posting, as mentioned above can you try downloading Firefox ad trying on that please, as mentioned I will also add your details and you will receive an e-mail. Any talk of compensation will need to be discussed when you receive an e-mail. Very sorry for the inconvenience caused. Let us know how you get on when you try Firefox.

Cheers

Ranj

NOW TV Team

Simon-J
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Anonymous User,

Thanks for posting.

There is currently an issue with NOW TV on Safari. Please try using Firefox. I've also added your details to the investigation so you'll receive an email with updates.

Thanks

Simon

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello

I have firefox and that STILL isnt allowing viewing on a mac....

Its very frustrating to pay for a service that doesnt deliver.....

Simon-J
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Anonymous User,

Thanks for posting.

To clarify - is it asking you to install Silverlight when you use Firefox or is the error something different?

Thanks

Simon

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Simon

No its not asking for me to install Silverlight.

I get as far as the player opening up, and the circle of blue balls rotating, then we get to "obtaining liscence" to play and then it stops.

There is a message with 2 boxes that appears for not even a second, so quick I can never read it, and then the player shuts and the error message pops up, saying its unavailable and to check out the community.....

Thanks,

Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Anonymous User, 

Thanks for getting back in touch. I'm sorry to hear that that issue still persists. 

Can you please let us know if you have set the Silverlight plug in to always activate on your chosen browser?

Can you please let me know if you can find the Silverlight within your Applications, click on the playback tab, and then make sure the second box is unticked. 

Please refresh your browser and try again. If you could please let us know if you still experience this issue.

Thanks, 

Karl

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Karl

Thanks for your email, but sadly I tried what you suggested and it still doesnt work.

I opned Silverlight from Applications, and then under the PlayBack Tab I deseleced the second box which was "enable Hardware Acceleration".....but nothing. Same very quick error message and then a pop up from Now TV saying, go to the community.....

Any ideas???