cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Silverlight

I am not very computer literate but I have followed all the instructions to install/uninstall Silverlight and recently I simply cannot watch anything on NOW TV because it says I need to install Microsoft Silverlight which I have done on multiple occassions.

Please help – PS I have a macbook.

51 REPLIES 51
Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Anonymous User, 

Can you please let us know what troubleshooting steps you have tried? 

I do apologise for the inconvenience this has caused, can you please let us know what operating system you are running and what browser you have tried? 

Thanks, 

Karl

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I can't get nowtv to work on my macbook, problem with silverlight apparently. I read the simillar posts on the forrum with many other people having the same issue. I tried using Firefox browser as advised- still no use and claims to not be working for same reason as safari. What exactly am I paying a subscription for when I can't use your services properly? 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User have you tried the steps in this thread for ensuring that Silverlight can run in either Safari or Firefox as it's disabled by default?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have the same problem as countless other people and have not been able to make NowTV work on any of our Mac computers due to Silverlight for the last month or two. I've tried on safari, Chrome and Firefix and get the same Silverlight error when the player comes up. I've done all the plugin fixes and tried re installing SIlverlight and no change. I cancelled my subscription and got offered the £3.99 for three months (or whatever it was) offer to stay and now payment has not gone through and I no longer have that offer available to me. Quite frankly the service is pathetic and whilst it was worth giving it a chance for the reduced amount, there is no way I'm doing it for the full amount whilst everyone still has these same problems and there doesn't even seem to be a way of contacting someone to help other than this forum. I've worked in the IT industry for fifteen years so It's not a case of not knowing my way around a computer.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

This is ridiculous, you say theres an issue with Now TV and Safari but you are not giving us a timescale of how long this could be for. Please could you clarify as i need to know wether i should cancel my account. 

Simon-J
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Anonymous User,

When this topic started it was in relation to an older issue. This is not what you're seeing now - the reason you're seeing it is Safari's latest update blocks Silverlight by default.

If you follow these steps it should sort it out for you:

• Go to nowtv.com
  • Open something ready to try and watch (make sure the URL says watch.nowtv.com not just nowtv.com)
  • Go to the top menu and click Safari then choose Preferences
  • Choose “security” with the padlock icon
  • Click “plug-in settings”
  • Choose “Silverlight” from the list on the left and tick it
  • It should now say “currently open websites” and you should see “watch.nowtv.com” click the drop down box next to this and choose “on”
  • Click Done

Thanks

Simon

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Logged in at 11 this morning knowing that there are always problems getting NOWTV on my laptop.

All ok and was watching footie ready for the Spurs v Stoke game.

Great

Came back to it later after the laptop went into sleep mode and the message came up that silverlight needed to be installed. WEnt to install it and was told it was already there. So uninstalled it and reinstaledd - still told I needed silverlight. Now in a lopp that I cant fix - using firefox

I had paid for a one day pass now I cant see the match - this is a mess - get it sorted and make me a refund

When are you going to make NOWTV compatible with Edge and Chrome?

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User,

From what I understand there's a new NOW TV player 'app' especially for Mac OS based computers. Which does not require a browser or Silverlight: -

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/now-tv-movies-tv-shows-sky-sports-no-contract/id512266300?mt=8

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Why do I keep getting this Silverlight message; have just installed it twice. Can't get access to watch the rugby. Get on the case Now TV technical people.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Im afraid its unlikey you'll watch the rugby today. Which is rubbish!

Now TV are being VERY slow in sorting this issue. Silverlight doesnt work with their website at the moment, and although I have tried their suggestions, still nothing. Not great for a video on deman company.

I have tried firefox/silverlight combo on Amazon Video and that works....but firefox/silverlight on Now TV doesnt....so it has to be Now TV issue......unless they can suggest something else?!?!?

I normally get a reply to my posts about a day later.......