cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MrGreen
Contributor 1

Silverlight no longer activating as default player on mac

Had this before and got it fixed, but can't remember how I fixed it.

As usual after a mac update something breaks and silverligh no longer works on safari. Trying to play a video pops up a window telling me to install Now TV player. Now TV player sucks and doesn't work properly on a mac with sierra,

I reinstalled silverlight and cleared nowtv cookies, and safari is still set to use silverlight for the nowtv domain. 

How can i stop it asking me to install nowtv player and use silverlight?

Cheers

0 Thanks
6 Replies
Andy Legend 5
Legend 5

Re: Silverlight no longer activating as default player on mac

@MrGreen

I've got a feeling support has finally been pulled, as it's no longer working in Firefox ESR either and other posts seem to be pointing that way. Hopefully @Nicholas-M from the NOW TV Team will clarify if it's at all supported the next time he is on the forum.

0 Thanks
MrGreen
Contributor 1

You mean nowtv no longer supports silverlight?

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Andy Legend 5
Legend 5

@MrGreen I honestly don't know, but I can't get browser-based watching working on any browser this week (last week I could only get it working in Firefox ESR). I'm hoping the NOW TV Team post some clarification on the forum at some point, if I spot anything I'll let you know.

0 Thanks
MrGreen
Contributor 1

I had this exact problem before and did find a way of fixing it, but can't recall how I did it or find a solution through Google.

Reinstalling silverlight didn't work.

Apple updates so often break Safari.

0 Thanks
MrGreen
Contributor 1

Did you manage to get their player to work?

0 Thanks
MrGreen
Contributor 1

Hi,

I contacted the support and they said they were no longer supporting Silverlight.

I did try again to install their NowTV Player and this time it installed ok and seems to work - there's no mouse pointer hovering all the time so they must have fixed that.

0 Thanks