cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Silverlight no longer activating as default player on mac

Had this before and got it fixed, but can't remember how I fixed it.

As usual after a mac update something breaks and silverligh no longer works on safari. Trying to play a video pops up a window telling me to install Now TV player. Now TV player sucks and doesn't work properly on a mac with sierra,

I reinstalled silverlight and cleared nowtv cookies, and safari is still set to use silverlight for the nowtv domain. 

How can i stop it asking me to install nowtv player and use silverlight?

Cheers

6 REPLIES 6
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

I've got a feeling support has finally been pulled, as it's no longer working in Firefox ESR either and other posts seem to be pointing that way. Hopefully @Anonymous User from the NOW TV Team will clarify if it's at all supported the next time he is on the forum.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

You mean nowtv no longer supports silverlight?

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User I honestly don't know, but I can't get browser-based watching working on any browser this week (last week I could only get it working in Firefox ESR). I'm hoping the NOW TV Team post some clarification on the forum at some point, if I spot anything I'll let you know.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I had this exact problem before and did find a way of fixing it, but can't recall how I did it or find a solution through Google.

Reinstalling silverlight didn't work.

Apple updates so often break Safari.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Did you manage to get their player to work?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi,

I contacted the support and they said they were no longer supporting Silverlight.

I did try again to install their NowTV Player and this time it installed ok and seems to work - there's no mouse pointer hovering all the time so they must have fixed that.