cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Safari does not recognize NOW

I keep having a message on a white background stating - Safari cannot open specified address because safari cannot open specified address NowTVPlayer

Can anyone please help??

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Can you advise if you are watching through a Mac? if so Safari via a Mac no longer supports Silverlight meaning Now TV no longer works via that browser and you would need to download the Now TV player here web.static.nowtv.com/watch/NOWTVPlayerInstaller.zip or you can watch via a Mac using the Firefox browser which still uses silverlight and you would need the silverlight add on enabled.  I hope this helps with your issue if not can you advise on if you were just accessing the site and you got this error? if so have you tried another browser?

Cheers

Eddie Smiley Very Happy

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

What is the device you can’t run Safari on?

And if you have Now on a phone which uses a lightning cable, then that must be an iPhone, so the browser there is likely Safari; can you run Now from that?

Bur make sure you update Now first, as I just checked on my iPad, and it needed me to start the Player, and when I said I hadn’t got it, it took me to the App Store to get an updated version.

And I can now watch Now on this IPad equally well, whether I start on the Now website on Safari, which then runs the Now Player, or whether I start the Now Player directly from the Now app icon.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes can watch on my iPhone 13 pro no problem.. down load on my MacBook Air or my smart tv and it say can play as recorder is on I have now disabled this and it still doesn’t work 

redchiz1
Champion 2

There may be a background application running, or even just installed on your Mac which makes the Player think you have recording software running, this has cropped up before, have a search.

Also, in System Preferences > Apple ID > iCloud make sure that Private Relay is turned off, if present. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

This could mean that you've clicked on "I already have this" when it asked you to download the new NOW TV Player, or that the install was unsucessful.

If you don't remember downloading and then running the installer, you will need to do this first. Clearing your cookies will bring back the option to download the installer again.

However, if you did run the installer, we'll need to investigate what the issue might be.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

all I get is a blue screen 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I spent all week online trying to find out why my new NOW TV subscription didn't work, I then donwloaded Opera Browser and it all works fine. Safari doesn't support NOW TV it appears.