cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

[Resolved] Audio but no video

A new version of the NOW TV Player has been published. Please try opening the app again to receive the update.

If you continue to experience issues, please comment below on this thread.

Original post:

We're aware of an issue that is causing frustration for a lot of customers. We have been looking into this as a matter of urgency and hope to have a fix ready soon.

To clarify, this mostly affects users with a certain graphics card: Intel HD Graphics 3000

152 REPLIES 152
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Nico,

The candidate build works perfectly for me.

Tested extensively with no issues.

Thanks for your hard work.

Rob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Is there a Windows version that can be downloaded?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Just tried it and it works for me!! 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Works for me too.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Nicholas-M, finally some news, and the good news is it works!

Thank you for posting the fix here, but I strongly advise you to e-mail ALL users *and* post about the update on social media... I take back nothing I've said about the shoddy and slow handling of this issue, and whilst I'm pleased there's finally a fix I know there will be many users who don't read these forums and are left out in the cold. To redeam yourselves as a company a little you could take a principled stand by publically admitting the fault (in a dedicated post that will be seen, not just replying to individual complaints) and announcing the fix. That's my advice, which you are free to ignore...

Btw, what about PC users who have the issue?

@Anonymous User wrote:

Thank you for your patience. If you are still experiencing an error watching on the web, please try the following steps to resolve it. We will ensure this update reaches all of our customers watching on the web via the NOW TV Player as soon as we can... 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User   what is happening about compensation? works now, which is great. before that: 5 days being unable to watch

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Clef, I asked this question to a NOWTV operative on their Twitter 'help' account. They said something about it not being something they were able to deal with and very quickly changed the subject...

@Anonymous User wrote:

@Anonymous User   what is happening about compensation? works now, which is great. before that: 5 days being unable to watch

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I was going to post a message to say that the new version of the player had started working OK after leaving it alone for 24 hours and watching Netflix instead, but then it developed a whole new problem where it displayed a blank green screen. Then I left it alone for a few hours again and now it's working OK again but I wonder for how long? I miss the ability to watch in the browser (although that was also a very imperfect experience). 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

I was going to post a message to say that the new version of the player had started working OK after leaving it alone for 24 hours and watching Netflix instead, but then it developed a whole new problem where it displayed a blank green screen. Then I left it alone for a few hours again and now it's working OK again but I wonder for how long? I miss the ability to watch in the browser (although that was also a very imperfect experience). 

Can you clarify if you still had audio when you saw the black screen? If so, we have a release candidate that hopefully resolves this issue. More details here: https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Mac-OS/Issue-tracking-Audio-but-no-video/m-p/439525#M3505 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

Can you clarify if you still had audio when you saw the black screen? If so, we have a release candidate that hopefully resolves this issue. More details here: https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Mac-OS/Issue-tracking-Audio-but-no-video/m-p/439525#M3505