cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

[Resolved] Audio but no video

A new version of the NOW TV Player has been published. Please try opening the app again to receive the update.

If you continue to experience issues, please comment below on this thread.

Original post:

We're aware of an issue that is causing frustration for a lot of customers. We have been looking into this as a matter of urgency and hope to have a fix ready soon.

To clarify, this mostly affects users with a certain graphics card: Intel HD Graphics 3000

152 REPLIES 152
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

NOW TV have acknowledged this issue and are looking into it. You might want to subscribe to this thread created here to receive any updates they post

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Mac-OS/Issue-tracking-Audio-but-no-video/m-p/439210#M3258

(when logged into the forum you can subscribe by clicking Topic Options > Subscribe)

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same issue for me... Really frustrating! Is it possible to re-install the older version of the player as it was working ok?

I'm fairly new to NowTv, isn't it possible to watch shows on the browser like with Netflix?? It would be so much easier! When it "worked" the player was slow and often wouldn't play and would have to be restarted...

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

NOW TV have acknowledged this issue and are looking into it. You might want to subscribe to this thread created here to receive any updates they post

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Mac-OS/Issue-tracking-Audio-but-no-video/m-p/439210#M3258

(when logged into the forum you can subscribe by clicking Topic Options > Subscribe)

Anonymous User
Not applicable

We're aware of the issue and you can track the updates here:

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Good morning Nicholas-M,

Are your people still working on that fix? Or did they get distracted by something shiny? Seriously, your customer 'service' is an embarrassment.

These forums and social media are filling up with disgruntled customers - PAYING customers. And the response is virtually non-existent.

All you have to do is roll back to a working version of the app while your tech team (if they even exist) scratch their heads over the mess they’ve inflicted on many users…

Would you prefer that we (your paying customers) take it to the press? Oh wait, Murdoch owns most of that too so scrub that... 😕 How about Trading Standards, and BBC Watchdog, etc. If you don't have the stomach to deal with your own mess then users can take it to the next level.

@Anonymous User wrote:

We're aware of the issue and you can track the updates here:

Anonymous User
Not applicable

It seems a lot of BLACK Screens out there.I have Macbook Air (wifes) and Macbook Pro.NowTv works fine on the Air but Black screen with sound on Macbook Pro.The only difference I can find is the Graphics Card.On the Pro it is Intel but on the Air it is Nvidia.Like others have spent ages with Help Desk trying to cure but they only have one answer and that doesn't work.On free trial at moment along with Amazon.Guess whos winning on points at the moment.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I followed these steps and now I get "Safari can't open the specified page" when I click on a programme to watch! Grrrrrr.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Having exactly the same problem here. Can hear the GoT theme but there are no images, how irritating. And there doesn't seem to be a fix at all yet Smiley Mad

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have also had this issue since 17/08.  Been through the same steps as most other people seem to have - two chats with tech helpdesk, messaged the Facebook page (they actually asked me to contact tech support on live chat, even though I expressly stated I had already done this twice in my message to them), and when I said the service was unacceptable and I'm close to cancelling my subscription...I was ignored.  It appears something is being done about it now, but STILL there is no big warning sign shown on the Now TV site!!!  The service is deplorable.  It's also unfair to put frontline staff through the stress of having to deal with a multitude of annoyed people, just because those higher up have failed to keep customers up to speed with the scale of the problem.  And frankly, the new version of the player should never have been released without thorough testing.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I completly agree with you they should re-release the last version that worked as a roll back until the issue is resolved.