cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

[Resolved] Audio but no video

A new version of the NOW TV Player has been published. Please try opening the app again to receive the update.

If you continue to experience issues, please comment below on this thread.

Original post:

We're aware of an issue that is causing frustration for a lot of customers. We have been looking into this as a matter of urgency and hope to have a fix ready soon.

To clarify, this mostly affects users with a certain graphics card: Intel HD Graphics 3000

152 REPLIES 152
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Unbelievable!!  Same thing here... forced update of player has rendered Now TV useless.  Previous to the update it had been working perfectly for weeks but now Just black screen no audio, not great response from help team either... They gave me a suggestion which I carried out but didn't work and have not heard anything back in 3 days now.  Absolute rubbish.  I really only got this for Twin Peaks... if this keeps on I'll just unsubscribe and go somewhere else or wait for the box set.  Really really dissapointing.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Can't you just re-update the player to what it was previously... I never had this problem prior to this update ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I can't believe this is still a problem. I had this exact same issue earlier this year, and none of the supposed fixes did anything. In the end I just settled for watching on other devices, and eventually the OS X player got fixed. And now we're back here again, except now I'm on holiday without my other devices, so I'm stuck with this useless blank screen player and an urgent need to catch up on Twin Peaks.

Here are my specs, if it matters:

OS version: OS X El Capitan 10.11.6 (15G1611)

Model: MacBook Air (13-inch, Mid 2011)

Processor: 1.7 GHz Intel Core i5

Memory: 4 GB 1333 MHz DDR3

Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 3000 384 MB

I get that the developers aren't happy with these problems either, and I want to be sympathetic, but I'm afraid I really am losing patience for this stupid bloody player. As so many others have stated, this is part of a paid service, and to have it continually fail is getting pretty aggravating.

Please sort it out, and sooner rather than later.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have never got this working on Mac very frustrating. Any idea when this will be fixed?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

when will this be fixed?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hey Sky, how about you bunp the number of the last version that worked (2.1.0 was good for me) and telease it as 2.1.2 so that people can down grade. Whilst we are happy you fix the app!
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same problem here on my 2011 MBP

Very disappointing indeed. Especially when you plan your evening around it, order pizza etc. Pathetic.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

This is getting ridiculous, Sky/Now TV.  STILL no public announcement or acknowledgement of the issue.  Meanwhile we are all still paying for a service we can't use.  As has already been suggested, why can't you just enable the old version of the player while the new one is fixed???

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I do not watch much TV but one series I love is Game of Thrones. As a result of the disastrous Now TV update this has been ruined as I could hear but could not see and now it is virtually impossible to avoid any spoilers. When will this be fixed?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

A new version of the NOW TV Player has been published. Please try opening the app again to receive the update.

If you continue to experience issues, please comment below on this thread.