cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

[Resolved] Audio but no video

A new version of the NOW TV Player has been published. Please try opening the app again to receive the update.

If you continue to experience issues, please comment below on this thread.

Original post:

We're aware of an issue that is causing frustration for a lot of customers. We have been looking into this as a matter of urgency and hope to have a fix ready soon.

To clarify, this mostly affects users with a certain graphics card: Intel HD Graphics 3000

152 REPLIES 152
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm having the same problem and am highly irritated that there doesn't seem to be any advice or response from Sky. I'm trying to watch Game of Thrones without illegally downloading (I don't have a TV) but with this sort of service it makes you see why so many don't!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Exactly the same for me.  Do we get notified when this is fixed?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've created a new thread here to let you know we are aware of this issue and in process of fixing it.

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Mac-OS/Issue-tracking-Audio-but-no-video/m-p/439210#M3258

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've just downloaded an updated on Now TV Player. The update resulted in no vision while watching-but there is sound. I've already restarted the laptop and downloaded the player again

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum. If you are using a Mac, NOW TV have acknowledged this issue and are looking into it. You might want to subscribe to this thread created here to receive any updates they post

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Mac-OS/Issue-tracking-Audio-but-no-video/m-p/439210#M3258

(when logged into the forum you can subscribe by clicking Topic Options > Subscribe)

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hey Andy,

Do we know when this will be fixed by?

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

Hey Andy,

Do we know when this will be fixed by?

@Anonymous User Sorry I'm just a user like you so I've no idea how long it will take NOW TV to fix, look out for any posts by @Anonymous User or anyone else labelled NOW TV Team, they are the only ones who will know.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am completely confused as to why the now TV app on my Mac is no longer working.  It's been playing absolutely fine.  We watched Game of Thrones on playback and then Thronecast on Live no problem the same as previous weeks and then I was forced to update the app on Wednesday and have nothing ever since!!!  

Anonymous User
Not applicable

is now August 2017 - have you fixed the problem? That is - viewing screen with audio with no picture.

As one of the posters stated - I do not get this problem with any of the other on-line subscriptions:

BBC iPlayer.

ITV Hub.

BT Sport.

Amazon, etc, etc., all work fine. All except NOWTV.

NOWTV once worked perfectly, then you monkeyed around with it and it has never worked properly since. Is this any way to run a business.

Sadly, thanks to NOWTV, I have lost my passion for watching football on-line. I never thought the day would come. I find it ironic that NOWTV - Who claim to be a branch of Sky; who refute this, have conspire to kill the fatted calf which pays their living.

When viewing figures fall away and someone else takes over presenting football (which Sky do admirably) their technical services will be left answerable for providing appalling service. There is no excuse.

BTW: My MAC Specification is:

MacBook Pro: 17-inch, Mid 2009

Processor: 3.06 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo

Memory: 8 GB 1067 MHz DDR3

Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce 9400M 256 MB

The above works on every other on-line video subscription - so why not on SKY?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

We have also had this issue since last Wednesday 16th when I was forced to update the app on my Macbook Pro.  Have been unable to reinstall the older version.  Very frustrating!