cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

[Resolved] Audio but no video

A new version of the NOW TV Player has been published. Please try opening the app again to receive the update.

If you continue to experience issues, please comment below on this thread.

Original post:

We're aware of an issue that is causing frustration for a lot of customers. We have been looking into this as a matter of urgency and hope to have a fix ready soon.

To clarify, this mostly affects users with a certain graphics card: Intel HD Graphics 3000

152 REPLIES 152
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same issue here - black screen and sound only since the download. Yesterday I spoke to someone on live chat who wasnt able to help and today I have not received the follow up which was promised.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same issue here, when I launched the player I got a notification to update the viewer, did so and now no picture but good audio, assume it must be a problem with the update, not checked it on any other device yet.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Can confirm this is an issue as well, and has been since the update. Between this and Sky Go's awful service on Macs too, I'm completely unable to watch the new Game of Thrones episode; both are paid services! It's unacceptable.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

does anyone know if its being fixed, ###### off now

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Went to watch game of thrones and was prompted to update, so I did and now I'm having this problem. It worked perfectly before. Why release an madatory update that causes issues like this? It really makes me wonder about how the system must be run...

Specs:

macbook pro 13' (late 2011)

osx 10.11.6

2.4 GHz Intel Core i5

4 GB 1333 MHz DDR3

Intel HD Graphics 3000 384 MB

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Updated today and black screen and getting the same as everyone else back screen with audio. Was working perfectly before! tried the fixes and still the same but did notice that it update installer didnt install in the applications folder but did in the users applications folder.

osx version  10.12.6 (16G29)

MacBook Pro (13-inch, Early 2011)

2.3 GHz Intel Core i5

16 GB 1333 MHz DDR3

Intel HD Graphics 3000 512 MB

safari Version 10.1.2 (12603.3.8)

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yep... yet another user with same issue!! Please fix and get your QA department to test on a MAC before releasing updates!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same problem on MacBook Pro since 17-08

I've sent emails, been on livechat three times, last time just cut off!

No response from NowTV.

We should start a twitter campaign - absolutely disgusted that NOWTV have no public announcement anywhere on the site, Facebook, Twitter nothing.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm sorry that you are seeing this issue. We are currently investigating the cause and hope to resolve it quickly.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I would say this a complete joke, but even bad jokes have some small element of humour. this is just daylight robbery. i will be asking for a refund.