cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Problem with full screen on NOW TV Player

Whenever I toggle this new player to full screen the UI never disappears, makes it incredibly pointless to use seeing as it always have a massive pause button and a pair of arrows stuck in the middle of the screen.

Using Windows 7 if that matters.

64 REPLIES 64
Anonymous User
Not applicable

The problem came back for me. I have my icon/text size set to 125%. I found that changing this to the default 100% made the problem go away. I then changed it back to 125% and everything is still fine. This process must have reset something in the graphics system. I am using win7 and intel graphics.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

A further update:

I have now discovered the problem had nothing to do with messing around with my graphics driver/settings. The control overlay is always there in fullscreen mode whenever I have the task manager running in the background. An unlikely culprit but I can reproduce the problem by opening and closing Windows Task Manager.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you so much @Anonymous User for the tip about not having Task Manager in background - this also applies to Process Explorer which replaces Task Manager.

So far, exiting Process Explorer seems to have fixed the problem with the pause button reappearing all the time (10 times in an hour) - fingers crossed!

My setup, for what it's worth: Windows 7, Core i3 530, using Intel graphics, 4 GB RAM. 

@Karl-F maybe your technical team can investigate this possible reproduction of the issue?

Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Anonymous User

Thanks for letting me know. 

I'll pass this on and see if we're able to replicate the issue. 

Karl

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Following up on the "exit Task Manager" fix after a day - this works well.   

No recurrence of pause button appearing yesterday evening, using Now TV Player on Windows 7.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

This does not fix the problem for me (Windows 7 on laptop). I get the UI displaying every 10 seconds with task manager closed.

With Task Manager set to always on top, the UI does not close at all, but with Task Manager closed entirely (including from the tray) the UI still shows every 10 seconds.

In windowed mode, I can only stop the UI regularly reappearing under specific conditions: keeping the player in windowed mode, using the Maximise button (so the window chrome is still visible, just occupying all of the screen). The UI does not display as long as the cursor is either over the taskbar or the NOW TV application top title bar.

This is obviously not practical for long term viewing. The moment the cursor is over the NOW TV Player window, the UI bug manifests. It's exceptionally annoying.

It seems that the player is either:

• incorrectly interpreting something as stealing input focus (quite unlikely) or
  • incorrectly showing the player controls UI, as you see when you start a stream, but is incorrectly displaying them at the start of each 10 second HLS chunk

I think the second possibility is more likely, but I have no idea why it's behaving in this way - and only when fullscreen.

Using third party tools to test my theory of another app stealing focus shows there is nothing doing this, and this is on a laptop with no external mouse attached and the trackpad disabled (!) to test.

This is a super annoying bug, please address it ASAP.

Sidenote: Electron and node have had multiple major releases since this app came out. Perhaps some of the libraries being used contain bugs which were fixed in later releases?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I get same issue and closing task manager does not seem to fix it (it wasnt open in this first place so I didnt expect it to). Tried many of suggested fixes in this thread and none seem to work. 

Absolutely insane that this is a year old bug which has still not been fixed. Largely makes the player useless as it completely ruins viewing - I have the menu appearing roughly once a minute. Will be cancelling my subscription as there is no way I am paying 6/7.99 a month for something that doesnt work.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have this problem two, means I can't watch anything on the PC, doesn't effect the PS4.

Seems silly they haven't fixed it. Why not scrap the "player" and just do it in browser like Netflix, Amazon and Youtube?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same problem for me. Windows7 but I believe this is also the case on Windows10. It is as though there is intermittent mouse movement or keyboard input resulting in the UI, (bottom scroll bar, mid-screen pause button and 10 second rewind/forward buttons, volume and window button) contiually appearing and disappearing automaically at random. This of course makes viewing in this mode impossible.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

If anyone is struggling with this issue and also happens to be running the Rainmeter desktop customisation app, try exiting it and see if the Now TV UI disappears after a few seconds of mouse inactivity.

Worked for me. My gift to those of you coming in via google searches of the future...