cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Problem with full screen on NOW TV Player

Whenever I toggle this new player to full screen the UI never disappears, makes it incredibly pointless to use seeing as it always have a massive pause button and a pair of arrows stuck in the middle of the screen.

Using Windows 7 if that matters.

63 REPLIES 63
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

I don't use my PC for watching NowTV (3 nowtv boxes and a ATV) and due to the four device limit restriction i can't test this out for myself on my PC (otherwise i would have given it a go).

I was wondering if any of you have tried or tested watching NowTV on a Windows 7 to 10 PC with Internet Explorer 11 and using Silverlight as the media player rather than using this NowTV player option ?

Here's a link on how to install IE11 with Silverlight if anybody wants to give it a try (I would be interested to hear about the PC users experience compared to the NowTV player alternative i.e. better or worse).

https://help.nowtv.com/article/google-chrome-silverlight-compatibility

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've switched to the Windows App for now, will see how that goes. Currently exhausted 3 of my 4 devices with a single PC.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi - I'm new to now TV and had this problem with a header and footer spoiling my viewing - thought it was mouse also using Internet explorer...

Changed to Microsoft edge and isolated mouse and the problem has gone away - job done!!!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have exactly the same problem. Has this been resolved now?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

And two years later still the same problem! Love companies that take the money but don't give a toss about customer service 😡😡

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Its a bug with the player.

commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Karl-F wrote:

Hi Both, 

Are you moving the mouse at all? or are you using a wireless mouse? 

You may want to try disconnecting the mouse while you watch the episode to see if this helps. 

Thanks, 

Karl

Hi @Karl-F @Anonymous User @Anonymous User @Anonymous User @Anonymous User

I might figured out what this is. many video streaming applications have functionality built-in, which prevents a PC using its screensaver or turning off the display while streaming video when this functionality kicks in. Sometimes the applications UI will appear for a few seconds and then disappear. Silverlight used to do it. The Windows store app does it occasionally as well

Unfortunately, I think this is normal behaviour

Users could try going into their power plan settings and creating a new power plan for the purposes of streaming video, which prevents the the PC from going into screen saver. This would mean that the functionality within the NowTV player application to prevent  the pc going into screen saver would not need to kick in and the UI shouldn't appear

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Mine was doing the same, I changed my desktop background settings as my background was set to change the picture every minute. Changed it to 1 day and now the ap doesnt put the pause menu up!

Sort this out Now TV its a bit silly!

commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

Mine was doing the same, I changed my desktop background settings as my background was set to change the picture every minute. Changed it to 1 day and now the ap doesnt put the pause menu up!

Sort this out Now TV its a bit silly!

@Anonymous User I agree it is silly that you might find it more to do with how Windows works rather than the NowTV player as I mentioned above. The other thing people need to do is make sure that their PC isn't going to go into screen saver while they are screaming. If your PC tries to go into screensaver one your screaming the anti-screensaver functionality will clicking to prevent it from doing so and this will likely cause the UI to reappear, but the UI will disappear after a few seconds.

Issues like this occur with a number of things not just the NowTV player. Silverlight used to do it with all sorts of things and now TV Windows store app does it occasionally as well

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have this same problem, have been trying to watch on a Windows 7 PC and have tried all the applicable tricks I saw on here and elsewhere, nothing works Cat Mad