cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Problem with Now Tv Player on MacBook Air

Can now only watch Now Tv with Now Tv Player. On my Macbook Air. The problem is I have sound but no picture. Anybody else having the same issue?

14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Don't run the intell GPU run the extra GPU card... of the Mac book air... get a GPU switcher app 

There will be compliance issues with intell GPU... as they won't support the DRM correctly... 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Extra...

If you did not get a Mac with an extra GPU built in then youll have to wait untill they rebuild the app... which may never happen...

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

Don't run the intell GPU run the extra GPU card... of the Mac book air... get a GPU switcher app 

There will be compliance issues with intell GPU... as they won't support the DRM correctly... 

This is nuts, you're telling me they built a new app for macOS which actually won't work on the majority of Macs out there? Very few have dedicated graphics cards.

Given the fact it's a new app I can't see them ignoring the issue forever.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same problem. I guess the Player needs a fix.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same problem Gemma. Wasn't the case last year. Suspect new Now Tv app

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same issue mac pro, worked fine last year. Now since now tv player app thing rubish its sound but no picture. Im not pleased. Iphone app works fine! Fix please now tv!!!!
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User @Anonymous User @Anonymous User @Anonymous User

It's an issue with the player that needs fixing at the moment, that seems to be caused by an incompatibility with certain internal graphics.

In the meantime if you have Silverlight installed on your machine, you can still use Firefox to watch in-browser via Silverlight (if you don't have Silverlight installed Firefox also prompts  to install the app).

Alternately, some users have reported a temporary fix by installing gfxCardStatus and forcing it to use discrete instead of integrated graphics, but it will depend on the model of your MBP and as it's a third party app I can't guarantee it will work and you would need to install it at your own risk (I don't have the issue on my Mac so I've not needed to do anything).

http://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Sky-Go-Apps/Sky-Sports-Desktop-App-No-picture-but-have-sound/td-p/2580969/page/2

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Andy

Did Cisco build Now TV an a lot different app than Sky Dish. or is it a pure clone... are you allowed to say..

With just a URL diiference to get different art work... 

Hackentosh does not run on my PC...

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User I don't know tbh as I don't use the Sky apps, and I'm not an expert on these things, but by the sound of it they are basically the same (ie as basic as you can get, purely used for playback and nothing else). It's an Electron app if that helps!