cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Problem Signing Up - Continous Loading

Hi

I am having a problem signing up to the service, it looks like a fanstatic service.

When I have entered all of my details (I have tried 3 of my credit cards, all have the same error) - I get a page that says:

"We need to authorise your card by taking a small payment of just £0.10 which we'll refund straight away. This is to make things extra secure for you."

From here, nothing ever happens. I have no idea what I need to do, shoud I wait on the page? I've tried yesterday and today and waited a total of an hour but nothing has happened. I've checked my credit card statement today but there has been no charge from nowtv.

What should I do?

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Does the page continually load with the coloured spinning circles ?

If so, make sure your ad blocker is disabled on your device, if that fails try a different internet browser again with the ad blocker disabled.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi,

No, it just doesn't ever load the page where I'm supposed to confirm the "0.10" deposit...

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

When you go to My Account > My Payments on the NowTV website does it show the 10p taken or re credited on your account.

Normally when there is an issue with the payment details on the NowTV system when setting up a new account it normally shows an Authentication or another error code message on screen.

These are a few examples when a card is not authorized, such has the card is not UK registered, the card holder is not a full resident of the UK, the card billing and card holders address don't match, the card must have either the Visa or MasterCard logo (Maestro and American Express cards are not accepted). The NowTV system sometimes doesn't seem to like pre paid credit cards, the card holder must be 18 years plus and have sufficient credit in their account.

Your best option is to contact live chat on the link page below, click on Bill & Payments and keep selecting the most relevant topic presented on screen until you reach the live chat option button.

https://help.nowtv.com/get-in-touch 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Forgot to say, there has been some instances where the card holders bank has blocked the authorization of payment their end where due to the 10p charge they mistakenly think it dubious and may have stopped the 10p payment processing going through.

If this is the case you need to contact your bank and tell them it's ok to process the release of the 10p charge.

Try NowTV live chat first before checking with your card holder.