cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ac175
Advocate

Pressing play button (mac) won't start the programme

All seems fine and set up for watching on my mac laptop, until I press the onscreen white arrowhead play button, and then...nothing happens. Any advice?

6 REPLIES 6
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@ac175 

No need for another thread you have already created.
https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Setup-Performance/Pressing-play-button-mac-won-t-start-the-programme/...

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
RoyB
Legend

@gavs82008 

@ac175 has taken your advice from that thread, and now posted in the correct place 😛

So, @ac175, do you have your laptop completely up to date? What’s your MacOS version?

Have you downloaded the Now Player? If so, is that the latest version?

When you choose a programme from the browser, does it get stuck before loading the Player, or does the Player load, but doesn’t start?

Which browser are you using, Safari or what? Can you try in Chrome, or any other browser you might have there?

I’ll fire up my Mac tomorrow and  see if I can help further, once I have the answers to those questions.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@RoyB 

Hehe I didn't think @ac175 would recreate another thread for it though. However @ac175 top dude for putting it in the right section 😎

RoyB
Legend

@gavs82008 

@ac175 will have found that he had to; the ability to Edit posts disappears after about 5 minutes from posting, once the paint has dried 😢

On a couple of other Communities I frequent, Edit remains available indefinitely; the sky does not fall in.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
ac175
Advocate
Hi @gavs82008,

All good now. Laptop was not up to date, as you had suggested.
Many thanks for your help.
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@ac175 

Great to hear bud 😄

Have to admit I am missing my MacBook which I got rid of about 7 years ago. The HP windows laptop I got 3 years ago just isn’t lasting as long as my MacBook did.