cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Possible fix for black screen with audio only on NowTV App

Hi, I'm unsure if this has been answered already by anyone here so please feel free to delete or move to a more appropriate section if need be.

Like a lot of people, I've been having an issue with the NowTV app. You click on a movie to play and all that comes up is a black screen with sound. 

I've just managed to solve my issues with this.

I use a laptop to watch, which has two graphics cards: An integrated Intel GPU and an Nvidia Geforce GPU. I solved this issue by going into Nvidia Control Panel and making sure that under global in '3D settings' the option for preferred GPU was set to auto-select.

If this is already the case, I suggest going to the program settings tab in the same section, clicking the add button next to the program list and then selecting 'NOW TV' from the recently used programs (make sure you've launched the app recently) list that comes up, and then switching the preferred graphics processor to "integrated" in the drop down box. 

Not sure how helpful this will be but I thought I'd post it anyway. 🙂

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hey, my preferred GPU was already set to auto-select, however, I can't find NOWTV on the list, despite reinstalling/relaunching it several times.

This app is so badly made it boggles my mind.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Get into settings on the now TV box.

Scroll across to networks.

Scroll down to systems.

Scroll across to system up date.

Press and up date box.

Then scroll back to the list and scroll down to power.

Scroll across and down to system restart.

Press restart.

Press done. Scroll to the now TV channels.