cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Poor video and sound quality on Mac.

It appears that since Now TV has given me no other choice than to download an app to watch movies and shows, I have since experienced nothing but issues, the stream is of poor quality despite having a good internet speed, (This was not an issue when previosuly using Silverlight on the website).

Before the latest update I had good sound quality at a good volume, now however I can barely hear what I am watching and that is with both the Mac's and the players volume maxed out. 

This appears not to be an isolated issue either as the App downloaded on my XBOX One also displays poor video quality and poor low sound. 

It would be appreciated if these issues were either solved or the website updated to use a video format that allows the browser to be used, as this was much more reliable.

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I also have the audio cutting out, currently trying to watch The Walking Dead Episode 7 on an Apple Mac 2015 running MacOS High Sierra and the sound will dissapear for a few seconds causing me to have to go back so I can catch what I was I was suppose to hear. This has happened on a few movies and box sets, and does not seem to happen on my Xbox One. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am also having this issue: very poor tinny sound when using the NOWTV app on a macbook pro. Looking through this forum it seems that this has been an issue for years and SKY/NOWTV are just not bothering to resolve it (presumably it is an easy fix).

Developers: please can you either fix and update the NOWTV player for Mac, or else just let us watch programmes through the browser again? Failing that, can you let us know why this issue is not being addressed and resolved?