cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Poor sound quality mac now tv player

Hello,

I've just downloaded the now tv player on my apple mac, the sound quality is really poor and mono on all programmes viewed, i've uninstalled and reinstalled, also checked the silverlight settings and other settings on the mac, all with no success, any help? thanks in advance!

13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Thanks for contacting us about this. Can you tell us if you can watch through Firefox on your mac if the sound is any different or if the same issues are there? Also have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app?

Thanks

Eddie

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Better on firefox

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi,

I am also experiencing very poor audio quality within the Now TV Player on Mac OS 10.12.4. Video quality is excellent.  I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app. The issue is present whether I initiate playback through Safari, Chrome or Firefox. When I contacted the Now TV live support their recommendation was to try watching under Firefox version 51. This did not help either.

Is this a known issue with the app and are there any other recommended fixes?

Many thanks.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm having a similar problem. I just bought a new MacBook Air and have started to watch something on NowTV for the first time on it. I've never had any problems on Nowtv before - on my phone, chromecast or old mac laptop. But on my old laptop, I watched online via the Now Tv website rather than the app.

Logging on for the first time on my new laptop I was prompted to download the app which I've done but 

the sound quality is awful! It's not the laptop -  I've just found the same clip on Youtube and the sound is fine on that. 

Any ideas?

Can I go back to watching Nowtv via the website rather than the app?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same issue... awful sound quality 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm experiencing the same probelm. I've tried Safari, Firefox and Chrome, all have the same issue. No problems when using other streaming services such as Netflix and Amazon, so this is a problem with Now TV.

On top of that I regularly get the Error code: f20002. It feels like it has become pot luck as to whether I can actually use the Now TV service. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Any update on this? Have just installed the NOW TV app and the quality is terrible, it sounds like it's in a metal can!  Have tried to use Firefox instead, but won't work.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

Any update on this? Have just installed the NOW TV app and the quality is terrible, it sounds like it's in a metal can!  Have tried to use Firefox instead, but won't work.

@Anonymous User

Hi , try these steps here for further help on this topic; 

https://help.nowtv.com/article/poor-quality-mac

thanks the nowtv team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

That help article is irrelevant, as it does not reference the Now TV player app which we are forced to download and view content through. I can't find any way to view or change quality settings in the app.