cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Poor quality streaming

I've just downloaded the NOWTV player to watch the SWFC v LUFC match on my Mac but the streaming quality is terrible.

It's jerky and unwatchable. Basically a freeze frame that refreshes every couple of seconds. The sound is fine.

Have checked the aricles and help advice and followed all the tips to no avail. I've checked the internet speed and have almost 10mbps.

Using a sky sports app on my phone I can watch - over the same wi-fi - with no problem at all.

My question is how do you go about getting a refund for the sky sports pass?

2 REPLIES 2
Tony-D
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

@Anonymous User wrote:

I've just downloaded the NOWTV player to watch the SWFC v LUFC match on my Mac but the streaming quality is terrible.

It's jerky and unwatchable. Basically a freeze frame that refreshes every couple of seconds. The sound is fine.

Have checked the aricles and help advice and followed all the tips to no avail. I've checked the internet speed and have almost 10mbps.

Using a sky sports app on my phone I can watch - over the same wi-fi - with no problem at all.

My question is how do you go about getting a refund for the sky sports pass?

Hi @Anonymous User 

Sorry to hear that you had problems with the match yesterday. If you would like to see about a refund you can visit our Live Chat team here http://help.nowtv.com/contact-us/Sky-Sports-Day-Week-Pass and they'll sort it out for you. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Since the launch of the Macbook air Apple have used intel quicksync video to handle the decode of HD video. Flash and silverlight make use of this, however the Now TV app doesn't. What this means is that you are using your CPU to do a software decode which is why the performance is terrible, your fans are probably at full spin and your battery drain in a few hours.

As a note to Now TV please upgrade the app to support hareware acceleration, as the current app is going to be unsuable for most people.