cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Poor Picture Quality and service stoppages during SKY Sports broadcasts*

Really poor picture with pixelation and low resolution every 5 to 7 minutes then every 20 minutes the transmission ends with a ".. something went wrong" message.  This is not an internet, wifi, hardware issue as Netflix and ITV Hub work perfectly for hours. This is a Now TV service issue, it's very poor and not worth the subscription.

18 REPLIES 18
Anonymous User
Not applicable

It’s seems that now tv picture in tv is a cause of constant complaint - I have a complaint open at the moment that was started on 29/9/20 and I have had no reply since the complaint was regarding terrible picture quality when watching in you view - but the picture was ok on my The nowtv app on my LG 

tonight I have tried to watch the football  which I couldn’t watch on you view - kept buffering then said error something went wrong - so was watching on App on LG tv and this was again unwatchable as the picture quality went from good to unwatchable every second or so - tried contacting nowtv via chat - waited in que - then got cut off - tried again and got cut off once more 

it’s very frustrating being a now tv customer - 

eventually I could t stand it any longer and watched the match on my iPad - which was absolutely fine - all in the exact same location in my house - please can somebody from nowtv explain how this is so to me - I am getting g to the stage that I will have to cancel as this is the only way I seemingly I can avoid this frustration 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm having exactly the same issue with Sky Sports channels.

I get the "you need a minimum speed, turn it off and turn it on" script. There is nothing wrong with my internet or TV. Same problem on my BT box nd now TV box.  Netflix HD is perfect whereas Sky Sports on Now TV is unwatchable. Fed up with my complaint being ignored and will vote we my feet soon. Literally no reply after they ran out of scripted excuses. 

Used to be great but not any more. Certainly not wortn the £25 month I'm paying when 80% of the time it's buffering or pixelated.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Having exactly the same trouble on two different BT boxes on brand new, all other main channel hub players, Netflix and Amazon all great all the time, just a problem with Sky Sports channels via NOW. Needs resolution NOW ! Otherwise going to be an ex-customer as £25-30 not worth it at all.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm trying to watch the darts through a Roku Stick.

It's not great streaming at the best of times and I'm used to go going off to buffer and load at random times but at this moment it's just ridiculous. On for a few seconds, then off, loads up for a few minutes, then off, then on.

It's 100% the Sky Sports app. All others work just fine.

I also have the issue on my LG TV app and again, everything else works.

I'm actually convinced that they do this on purpose to get people to subscribe through satellite.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same here, oddly works ok on my ipad but poor quality and only using mobile data. My main box stops after 2 mins every time i reset it, BT and Netflix work ok through that box its just NOW TV, its not good enough for the price. I have reset the router, the box everything and I am an IT consultant.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I had this back today after raising a complaint.

Thanks for contacting NOW TV and letting us know you were facing buffering issues when watching sports.

We apologies for the inconvenience caused to you. We are currently experiencing issues whereby our customers viewing Sky Sports Football with a NOW TV Boosts Pass are experiencing buffering and poor picture quality.

We have escalated this case to our higher team and they will get back to you via email once the issue is fixed.

But my request for confirmation on how much of my sports pass will be refunded due to an ununsable service was ignored (again..)

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Well I hope they also realised the problem was on every Sky Sports channel because I couldn't watch the darts for ages on Arena (or might have been Main Event)

I also tried SS News and the same thing on there too.

Even this evening the darts just went off and I had to got to the main screen and re-select the channel.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Can we have an update on this? You have had 2 months now to address this issue and there is still no change what so ever. This is appalling support and service from Sky who are supposidly the best? I hope other companies get a better share of the games in the future so I don't have to put up with this dreadful quality! 

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Hey Stenson

If you want to put in a formal complaint then do so, blowing off steam in this customer led forum may relieve your tension but will do little else.

There is actually a complains form you can fill in, you'll find it in the Help section at the top of this screen, or you could email customer services.

Now TV Customer Services Email.jpg

UK Bob