cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Poor NOW TV picture quality on a Mac

Extremely poor quality piture with flickering in full screen mode. Unwatchable. 

Any help appreciated. Usual things tried, such as silverlight reinstall, restart etc,

Existing thread answer makes no sense with comment on desktop management.

Thanks

16 REPLIES 16
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

welcome to the forum.

The following help article explains what you need to do (see the section 'Poor picture in full-screen mode')

http://help.nowtv.com/article/Poor-Quality-Mac

You'll probably find you'll need to do this each time you watch.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Just a quick note to say thanks.

I just upgraded to OS X El Capitan, and my Now TV (which had been working fine in full screen in Mountain Lion) immediately started stuttering and flickering.

As suggested, with the NowTV viewing in full screen, I opened mission control to move safari to a separate desktop.

Hey presto....working great again.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

What version of OSX are you running?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm having the same problem trying to play anything on my Mac. It is totally unusable but now I'm stuck with being unable to watch Now TV as it's used up a device slot and I haven't got a spare slot available.

My two sons are watching on their Xbox and PS3 and I've ordered a Now TV box so have to wait until that arrives to be able to watch anything. Is there any way of removing the Mini Mac and adding my iPad instead so at least I'll be able to watch something?

Was bitterly disappointed at being unable to watch The Walking Dead on FOX last night as that's the only reason I signed up to Now TV yesterday since BT has dropped the channel from their package.

ps I'm running super fast broadband at 78Mb so it's not my internet connection that's the problem and my Mac is running OS X Yosemite 10.10.5 and using Firefox browser (apparently you don't support Chrome).

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Thanks for your post. Sorry to hear that this is happening 😞

I'll get this looked into for you and email you soon.

Birgit

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm another one getting poor quality on my mac.

macbook pro running 10.11.4

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Thanks for getting in touch with us. I'm sorry to hear about the quality issues you've been facing.

Are you able to try the steps listed here.

Do you get any error messages? Can you describe what happens?

Thanks

Rob

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello 

I think what you are advising is misleading, I have download the app followed all steps and still the quality is so bad I can barely see faces 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm also have the same problem with full screen rendering it unwatchable thanks to a stuttering/flickering motion picture. I'm using Safari on OSX 10.11.4 and the fix didn't work.