cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Player keeps giving me error VGC-4259315739:3 on Mac

Using OS X, player keeps giving me the following error and won't play content. Any ideas?

Error VGC-4259315739:3 

8 REPLIES 8
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Can I assume you’ve tried to delete and reinstall the player?

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Correct, I've deleted and re-installed twice.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Would you have anything like a snipping tool or screen capture software running in the background ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Nope, not that I'm aware of. I do have Apple TV but not connected to it.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Have you typed the error code in the Community Search box to find any hit results ?

i don't own a Mac or use a PC when watching NOW, so i won't be any further help.

if nobody on the forum who has come across this error code or knows what to try, then jump over to NOW live chat.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks mate yeah tried that and just saw others with the same issue with no resolution. I'll try support - thanks

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

I would also double check that there is no other programme or software running in the background that is causing the error code and suggest close all applications and just run the NOW Player software.

I am also assuming you are not sharing two screens on your Mac.

Hopefully live chat will know what the error code number means.

Saint1976
Elite 3

@Anonymous User some programs don't even need to be running to stop Now streams from starting.

One that comes up here often is Panopto. It only needs to be installed on a device to make Now throw a hissy fit.

Anything that can capture, edit, share or broadcast (including a browser extension) could be the culprit.