cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Player keeps crashing

Hi,

My NowTV player keeps crashing on my Windows laptop. I have tried rebooting it and also tried uninstalling the player and deleting all associated files and reinstalling. This did nothing...

Any ideas on what's causing it to crash and what I can do to fix it?

T.I.A

14 REPLIES 14
RoyB
Legend

Windows 10?

Using the app from the Microsoft Store?

If Yes and no respectively, get and use that version.

Otherwise, the answer will be in your latest Windows error log, but you might need a tame techie to interpret it for you.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Navigate to C:\Users\username\AppData\LocalLow

Delete the Cisco folder

Open NowTV Player and it should work.

If this doesn't fix it, delete that cisco folder as well as any NowTV folder inside C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming 

Then reinstall NowTV Player

Tested on Windows 10 x64

Anonymous User
Not applicable

there is no app data option for me when i follow what is there do you have any idea how i could find it? as im having the same problem as everyone else seems to be having

Anonymous User
Not applicable

AppData is a hidden folder not visible by default.

Click the View tab at the top of file explorer and tick Hidden items to make them visible.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I tried deleting both NOW TV and NOW TV Player folders from C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming and then reinstalling the player but it still does not work.

Pretty poor from Now TV

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Did you also delete the Cisco folder, as described above?

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi RoyB,

There is no Cisco folder present in either of the following locations, so I
am not able to follow the step to delete the folder:

C:\Users\smithn\AppData\Roaming
C:\Users\smithn\AppData\LocalLow
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have the NOWTV player installed on both my PC and Laptop, I can get the service to work on my Laptop but not my PC. On my PC i get the error VGC-4229955698:8.MAIN_CONTENT and when googling this error code I get no results. I have tried uninstalling the software clearing all remaining files and many other things that have been suggested as well.

Can anybody shed any light on this error.

Thanks

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

You might need to change your folder settings to unhide folders. 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help