cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Player does not work

Hi,

Please can someone help me. I just signed up yesterday, had no issues at all, however today nothing would start playing in the Now Player. It opens up and it says "Head over to the Now website". It doesn't matter what tv show i try watch nothing would start playing. Any ideas how to fix this?

2 REPLIES 2
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Don't know if the solution on this similar linked thread below helps or not.

What internet browser are you using ?

I don't watch NOW on my PC, but when using their website for other matters, i tend to use either MS Edge or Chrome with any adblocking software switched off.

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/PC-Mac/PC-NOWTV-Player-Suddenly-Stopped-Working/m-p/554112 

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

That’s how it works. You can’t start the Player to watch stuff, because it doesn’t know what stuff there is.

So like it says, you ‘Head over to the Now website’, and open this in your choice of browser.

And here you will see the selection of items you can watch, according as your membership(s).

And when you select one to Play, you are given the choice of downloading the Player, or choosing ‘I already have this’, and then the selected programme starts playing in the Player.

Try it like this.

(NB: the above is how it is supposed to work, at least, and if you are lucky, it will. But if it still doesn’t work, come back for more advice.

e.g. if you are running Bitdefender as your AV, you will need to set the Now Player as an Advanced Exception. If you are running Pihole you will have to switch it off, or allow some exceptions for Now’s security measures. And so on….)

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.