cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Player crashes since last update

It was fine until the last update, it prompted me to download it, I did, since then it hasn't loaded once. It comes up, it buffers, it disappears. Repeat. 

I've cleared the cache of my device,  I've made sure there's nothing left in the app data folder, I've uninstalled it fully, many times, it does the exact same thing, every single time, its getting to be really frustrating

Does anyone have any way to fix this, nowtv is currently unusable for me

15 REPLIES 15
Beeceegee
Mentor

Same here .I've also cleared cache, cookies etc and reinstalled

Additionally if I have Malwarebytes running the Nowtv player throws a massive exception error mesage and closes immediately

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Another one joins the queue of frustrated subscribers - and there's no help available to sort this out.

Why issue an update when it hasn't been fully tested. It really shows a lack of respect for your customers if you can't keep your promises.

I've been waiting for the Ryder Cup and will be seriously annoyed if this isn't sorted by tomorrow morning.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Beeceegee 

Re the Malwarebytes problem, you can alter your Malwarebytes settings to screen the folder from scanning for malware.

Open the malwarebytes interface, go to Settings/Allow List/Add/Allow File or Folder/Select a folder and then browse and select the folder C:\Users\"your user ID"\AppData\Local\Temp and instruct malwarebytes not to scan this folder for malware by highlighting the relevant option.

That folder should then appear in your Allow List on Malwarebytes and the NOWTV player will load correctly if that was the only problem you had.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm using Bitdefender but followed much the same process and it's now working fine. Thanks so much.

For info, the folders I excluded were:

appdata\roaming\Now TV

appdata\roaming\Now TV Player

appdata\locallow\synamedia

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Good to know that its a signature / false positive problem.

I am using bit defender but will wait for them to fix it.

Have no trust in Sky at all, so certainly not allowing anything they are involved in to bypass anti virus.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank You!
it was my problem... anyway i didn't exclude

appdata\locallow\synamedia

and it seems working anyway

Anonymous User
Not applicable

For BitDefender GravityZone policy users: excluding only AppData\Roaming\NOW TV from Advanced Threat Control (ACT/IDS) only, seemed to work for me.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Where in Bitefender did you do this? Sorry, not as Techy as I thought I was.

Beeceegee
Mentor

Thanks BG1954. Yes I've excluded the temp folder (as well as the Now TV folder) from Malwarebytes. No error messages, but Player still closes almost immediately and without warning.

UPDATE: Ah, just spotted the Bitdefender post. That's the problem. Excluded the Now TV folders as suggested and the player now runs fine