cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Player crashes on launch

Every time I open the NowTV app on my laptop (not even trying to make it play something), it crashes. For a few seconds it is ok, then it goes dark green and freezes, then closes a few seconds later.

This is only happening on my laptop (other PC is fine). I have reinstalled the player and restarted, to no avail.

I'm running Windows 10.

17 REPLIES 17
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Have a nosy at this link, there are a few "troubleshooting" tips that might be of use. Personally I don't use my laptop for the NOW player so I cannot be much more help I am afraid. 

https://help.nowtv.com/article/something-went-wrong-error-on-now-player

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm getting the same issue. It works on other devices (including my laptop) but not my PC.

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling, clearing cache and cookies, deleting everything in both the LocalLow and Roaming folders within %appdata% (as seen here) , using the windows NOW app (about as useful as a chocolate teapot, that is) and going through multiple different web browsers. Nothing works. NOW TV webchat couldn't fix it.

Not quite sure where to go from here.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have a similar problem on my PC - ever since they changed to the stand alone app it opens and  then just comes up with ERROR Code 20000 - checked the links in the  help section and nothing there to help - I have lost count of the number of times I have uninstalled and re-installed - 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

i'm having this same issue. Tech support keep sending me on the same loop of reinstalling now player. 

Any luck getting a fix anyone?

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Are you running Bitdefender?

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Yes! I take it that's most likely blocking it? I had my suspicions, unfortunately it's a work laptop and I can't deactivate or add an exception.

It used work though, is this a new thing?

Thank you so much for you reply!
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

How did you even get to install Now on a work laptop? 😛

I would have the office cybercops down on me like a ton of bricks just for accessing the website on a browser 😢

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have this same problem. I am running Bitdefender, but only on my personal PC so can disable it. But even if I do, it's the same problem.

I can see the /roaming files but nothing under /LocalUser called Cisco. And I've clicked for the hidden files to be shown.

Frustrating!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

This is amazingly frustrating.  I signed up to NowTV on Chromebook before discovering (after the subs had been collected, obvs) that it doesn't work on Chromebooks.  So I dig out a laptop, and it doesn't work on that, seemingly because I have Bitdefender on the laptop??  Is this just a poorly supported side-project for Sky or something?