cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TheNewNo2
Advocate

Player crashes on launch

Every time I open the NowTV app on my laptop (not even trying to make it play something), it crashes. For a few seconds it is ok, then it goes dark green and freezes, then closes a few seconds later.

This is only happening on my laptop (other PC is fine). I have reinstalled the player and restarted, to no avail.

I'm running Windows 10.

Labels (2)
0 Thanks
3 Replies
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

Re: Player crashes on launch

@TheNewNo2 

Have a nosy at this link, there are a few "troubleshooting" tips that might be of use. Personally I don't use my laptop for the NOW player so I cannot be much more help I am afraid. 

https://help.nowtv.com/article/something-went-wrong-error-on-now-player

0 Thanks
minnis
Advocate

I'm getting the same issue. It works on other devices (including my laptop) but not my PC.

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling, clearing cache and cookies, deleting everything in both the LocalLow and Roaming folders within %appdata% (as seen here) , using the windows NOW app (about as useful as a chocolate teapot, that is) and going through multiple different web browsers. Nothing works. NOW TV webchat couldn't fix it.

Not quite sure where to go from here.

0 Thanks
Pitbull4444
Advocate

I have a similar problem on my PC - ever since they changed to the stand alone app it opens and  then just comes up with ERROR Code 20000 - checked the links in the  help section and nothing there to help - I have lost count of the number of times I have uninstalled and re-installed - 

0 Thanks