cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

PC app crashing

The PC app recently forced me to take an update to v8.2.0. Very annoying, particularly as the update kept crashing.

I tried all sorts to get to the bottom of the problem but what seems to work, and I hope this helps others who can't get the app to work, is forcing the app to use integrated graphics rather than the graphics card.

My system is set to use the graphics card by default and that worked fine before. The update must have broken something.

Cheers,

Len

6 REPLIES 6
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Sorry, but I don’t use Now TV on my windows laptop. 

Are you using the player downloaded from the Now TV website or from the App Store? As I understand that the app from the App Store will be decommissioned at some point.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@gavs82008 

I was posting a workround to the problem, not asking for help. 🙂

Although if anyone knows a solution I'd be interested.

Cheers,

Len

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi there.

I'm having what seems to be the same problem.

How exactly did you force the app to use integrated graphics?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have an Nvidia card in the machine and there is a program/ app that came with it to set up settings. This allows you to specify which programs will use the Nvidia card and which won't. You can set the default, which I'd set to the Nvidia card. Set NowTV to use onboard graphics. You need to search for the executable file. It ought to be in the Program Files directory but isn't.

C:\Users\<Your User Name>\AppData\Roaming\NOW TV\NOW TV Player

I think some time ago I downloaded a better version of the program from the Nvidia site which put options into the right-click menu when you clicked on a program in File Explorer. This allowed you to launch a program in Nvidia mode or on-board graphics mode. This is more of a faff as you can't just click on the NowTV icon but have to go into File Explorer and find the executable then right click on it.

Cheers,

Len

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you! I have an nvidia graphics card and changing to integrated graphics worked for me.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Glad it worked for you.

It's an Nvidia card I have in my machine too, but whether the problem only affects Nvidia cards I don't know.

I wish they'd sort the problem because it's one they've introduced i.e. previous version of the software worked, and I was *forced* to upgrade to a buggy version. A bit amateurish.