cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

PC App starts and then closes with no error

I have been a NOWTV user on my Windows 10 PC for some time. Yesterday, when lauching a programme via the website in a Chrome browser the App starts as normal but closes after a couple of seconds and before it starts playing the selected programme. I have restarted, uninstalled and reinstalled etc etc to no avail.  Any further ideas?  

4 REPLIES 4
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Have you tried downloading it via another browser?

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@gavs82008 thanks for the suggestion.  I have tried launching NOWTV in Edge and then clicking on a programme choice to open the App... same result.  I have now also uninstalled the app, downloaded via Edge and then tried again... no joy unfortunately.  I have also noticed that the circular 'loading' graphic in the middle of the NOWTV App window is not going round.. there is no animation.  It is just static...??  

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have exactly the same issue. The app starts with a black background, turns green with a static wheel and then closes without an error.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Exactly the same issue for me too. Reinstalled, restarted, nothing fixed it so far. Wondering if it was an update that's broken it?

Edit: Just seen in another thread -  if you use Bitdefender you need to add the Now TV app as an exception to the Advanced Threat Defence list:

https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/answer/2393/

I did that and mine works now.