cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

PC App is Dreadful

It takes over the whole screen - I can't find an option to window the application when running, I can't find a way to transfer it to my second monitor so I can carry on working on other things...

...badly implemented. Please fix it or tell me how to fix it

14 REPLIES 14
commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

It takes over the whole screen - I can't find an option to window the application when running, I can't find a way to transfer it to my second monitor so I can carry on working on other things...

...badly implemented. Please fix it or tell me how to fix it

Hi @Anonymous User

Are you talking about the 'NowTV player' application for windows  that is downloaded from NowTV's website or the app in the Windows store?

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

The app that NowTV makes you download to run instead of the old browser system which worked far better 😞

commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

The app that NowTV makes you download to run instead of the old browser system which worked far better 😞

@Anonymous User so it's the NowTV player you're referring to. You should actually be able to use the NowTV player in window mode full-screen  shouldn't be required for playback of content

EDIT

You should in theory be able to put the player in window mode and then drag the player across to your second screen. Although I should point out multi-monitor support with NowTV has always been a bit hit and miss

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

As soon as I run it it goes to fullscreen mode with no way of getting it into a window 😞

commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

@Anonymous User wrote:

As soon as I run it it goes to fullscreen mode with no way of getting it into a window 😞

I'm going to tag @Anonymous User because I don't believe the NowTV player should be behaving in the way you describe, and even if the player did start in full-screen mode, you should be able to take it out of fullscreen mode and then you should be able to drag the application window and move it to where ever you want

Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User what happens when you press the F11 key?
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@4268 wrote:
@Anonymous User what happens when you press the F11 key?

@4268 . I'm a bit embarrassed that I didn't think of thatSmiley Embarassed although I'm not entirely sure that's the cause because I've just tested the theory after I saw your post if you open the NowTV player press F11 NowTV player does indeed go to full screen. But if you close the NowTV player by pressing Alt+F4 and then reopen the NowTV player. It doesn't open in full-screen 

@Anonymous User are you sure it's not the Windows store app you're using? The Windows store app does require content to be played in full-screen. If you're unsure what you're using. If you post a picture myself or @4268 will be able to tell whether you're using the Windows store app or the NowTV player 

Legend 5
Legend 5

@commanda6 F11 should also take it out of full screen.
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@4268 wrote:
@commanda6 F11 should also take it out of full screen.

@4268 yes F11 does indeed take the NowTV player out to full screen.  I should have mentioned that my apologies.

But what I wanted to specifically check was whether the NowTV player would reopen in full-screen if it was in full screen when it was last used and  it doesn't it seems the NowTV player always opens up in window mode